Tx troubles (beeping noises)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_salsa

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I tore my transmitter down today. It is a Jaguar TZP for controlling my RC10GT. The spring that brings the steering back to center had failed.

Upon opening the case a small 1/2"x1/2" piece of a circuit board fell out. I have no clue where it belongs and when I put the xmitter back together w/out it and turn it on I get a rapid beeping noise and it doesn't transmit.

I'm guessing this is an integral part of the circuit but it fits NOWHERE!!

It looks as if at one time it was soldered to two small posts protruding from where the antena screws in, but still I don't know.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

NS

Heres what to do,
1st. Place in original packaging
2. Neatly wrap in newspaper, and place in shipping box
3 Buy a stamp
4 Write Address of where purchesed from
5 Place in mailbox
6 Wait for repaired radio to return to your address
7 Don't fool with poop you dont know how to fool with

wow where you been hiding. That is great advive. :ha :ha X

Originally posted by Skipper
Heres what to do,
1st. Place in original packaging
2. Neatly wrap in newspaper, and place in shipping box
I would have stopped right there and then said

3. Take large hammer and smash that piece of crap Jaguar radio till there was nothing left.
4. Go buy yourself a radio that is worth a crap.

Well, coming from a bunch of pimple faced teenaged IDIOTS on some board about their riced up rides, I would have expected this kind of reply. But from supposed hobbiests?

The rc10/radio/ecverything was purchased used (Some ppl on strict budgets cannot afford NEW) I've always done my own work on pretty much ALL my own stuff and I though I might get some decent advice on this forum.

If this is the way an honest request will be met, then I will be unsubscribing from this site in short order.

Bunch of non-hacking wannabe's. Of course it's not your faults ... moms and dads these days give off the impression to their children that when something doesn't work, throw it away and buy a new one.

LASON - send me the cash and I'll be happy to go buy a new radio ... until then I'll have to make do with what I have and find advice elsewhere since all I can get here is juvinile responses.

Thanks so much for the help guys. For your education and edification allow me to post this link - http://rc10.com/misc/jaguar/ - that details why I'm getting the rapid beep and HOW-TO fix it.

As for the piece of the circuit board, Ace hobbies has assured me it is not an integral part, was there more for protection of another piece.

Next time offer an "I don't know" or keep your opinions to yourselves. REAL men find solutions. Idiots poke fun at something they do not understand.

Nitro-
I think that you might just be over-reacting a bit. If you hang around you will find that almost all honest requests will get an answer. You may get the occasional ass clown response, but hey there are all kinds of folks here, and WoodiE gives us quite a bit of freedom to be ourselves...with that freedom you sometimes get answers you may not like, but that is the cost I suppose. There are other alternatives, but most of them are not too good IMO. Huge boards are difficult to get anyone to respond to a question, and some of them are run by Nazi's.

I am glad that you found what you needed, thanks for sharing. I am sure that it will help some owners of that radio here.

Wow NS it was a joke bye the first kid I just thought it was kind of humerous. I know I can speak for myself and lason we were just kidding I was also makeing a joke about the dude that posted the first reply. He is a teen from his profile and as far as acne issues I have no idea for myself and lason we are both adults so some of your comments dont apply.

Since you did ask you might want to possibly try the search feature NEXT TIME. All I did was click on search type in Jaguar and lookie what I found..
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2077&highlight=jaguar X

Originally posted by x_789
Wow NS it was a joke bye the first kid I just thought it was kind of humerous. I know I can speak for myself and lason we were just kidding I was also makeing a joke about the dude that posted the first reply. He is a teen from his profile and as far as acne issues I have no idea for myself and lason we are both adults so some of your comments dont apply.

Since you did ask you might want to possibly try the search feature NEXT TIME. All I did was click on search type in Jaguar and lookie what I found..
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2077&highlight=jaguar X
:stupid: Mommy and Daddy havent bought me poop in years, I'm too busy buying crap for my own kids! Back to the question at hand, you asked what was a good radio on a budget, but didnt say what your budget was. To me 200 is damn good deal for a quality radio that is already crystalless. I'm sorry if your idea of a budget and my idea of a budget are different but I was just having some fun, sheesh. By the way that pimple on my nose isnt that big is it? One more thing from someone that is a subscripbed member of about 25 different forums on the net relating to other things than r/c cars, dont try to threaten everyone by saying "I'm leaving" because it makes you look like a puss bag, just take it like a man and go with it.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nitro_salsa
Well, coming from a bunch of pimple faced teenaged IDIOTS on some board about their riced up rides, I would have expected this kind of reply. But from supposed hobbiests?

I though I might get some decent advice on this forum.

If this is the way an honest request will be met, then I will be unsubscribing from this site in short order.

Bunch of non-hacking wannabe's.

until then I'll have to make do with what I have and find advice elsewhere since all I can get here is juvinile responses.

What? Now I'm not a hobbiest?

Sorry that someone didnt have the answer you were looking for snap snap... But it was already here.

You just having a bad day? We all have bad days.....

You are correct Christian. I was having an extremely bad day and took out my mood on what would otherwise have made me come back with something witty to say myself.

To all who responded in this thread, I apologize. Please excuse my poor behaviour.

So far most of the help I have received on how to tune and care for my rc has been gleaned from forum boards, I know how things go, sometimes you find a jewel, sometimes you don't.

I allowed an offhand remark get to me, my bad, won't happen again.

Thanks for all your help

NS

Wow public appology I thought I Was the only one that ever had to do that.. Anyway no problem man.... X:ball: