Turbo Timber Evolution run time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
My new E-Flite Turbo Timber Evolution has a recommendation of a 5 minute timer according to the manual. I’ve slowly been increasing that timer and I’m now up to 10 minutes and the pack voltage still has life.

Is the 5 minute recommendation based on full power flying for 5 minutes or based off of trying not to overheat motor/esc??

Should I stay closer to 5 minutes?
I do a mix of slow speed scale flying and a little 3D nonsense.
I’m running the Spektrum 3S 300 packs in this plane.

Those recommendations are generally overly protective because of the crazy people out there.
You have to do checks on it after you fly based on how you drive the rig. If you have not hit LVC and not overheating then you are good.

One thing I don’t have (yet) is a temp gun.
I love this little plane so much I just don’t want to stop flying 😬.
….but, I also don’t want to damage it by over doing it

My timer is set for 5 minutes also. I would rather come into a nice landing instead of a "that's gonna leave a mark" type of landing.
As mentioned above, I also let is sit and relax for a little bit and then change the battery.

I should also mention that it is hot here, so we have to watch the temps, didn't even think about that.
It has been warm here, but we’re getting a break from the high temps/humidity. Battery comes out warm, (nothing crazy) but cools quickly. Hadn’t thought to touch the motor, but I’ll be more mindful moving forward.

Out of curiosity, I reached out to Horizon support and and the response was 6-8 minutes of on throttle flight time depending on battery and throttle management. I don’t push the plane to hard for too long so if temp and pack voltage seems good after flying I will keep a 10 minute timer.
Did I mention I love this plane??!!!!👍🏼😬

Out of curiosity, I reached out to Horizon support and and the response was 6-8 minutes of on throttle flight time depending on battery and throttle management. I don’t push the plane to hard for too long so if temp and pack voltage seems good after flying I will keep a 10 minute timer.
Did I mention I love this plane??!!!!👍🏼😬
I love mine too!

Back