Trying to figure this compound, heads, intake setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
This is a weird intake setup with compound turbos. Haven’t seen this kinda setup before

IMG_1300.png

To me it looks like a some type Hilborne injection per head and compound turbo probably water cooler and forces cold air into the engine bay where the intake side is located on fire wall??? Very different to me. Normally would go directly to a intake to the heads

Confused

I guess the driver is just having a blast. A little cold one.

Last edited:
It's really cool! I dig the ole Hilborne staggered gasser intakes

A compound turbo system uses a small turbo blowing into a larger turbo. That's just a twin turbo setup. Both turbos blow into a single intercooler somewhere to the back of the car then come back to the intake of the engine. Obviously not finished as the return tube and injector stacks are open.

A compound turbo system uses a small turbo blowing into a larger turbo. That's just a twin turbo setup. Both turbos blow into a single intercooler somewhere to the back of the car then come back to the intake of the engine. Obviously not finished as the return tube and injector stacks are open.
That’s what I was trying to figure out. I’ll try find out more on this build

Back