trx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroguy064

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've got a s/max w/a 3.3 on it I can not get it to fatten up for nothing. Does any body have any ideas for me to try? Was running great and all at once died and been having trouble since:whhooo::whhooo:

I can not get it to cool down. It runs around 300 to 320 degrees f. Good glow plug. Just caint get it to cool down while running it

It probably has an air leak. Seal the backplate, carb and header with high temp, copper, sensor safe rtv. Then start tuning from close to factory settings. How has richening the engine affected it? Does it help at all? Check your tank cap and fuel lines too. And the high speed needle housing. Edit: Dead tie gnarkill.:)

Last edited:
go ahead and seal the carb, the back plate, and pinch bolt with some high temp rtv. Make sure you have a good exhaust seal also. Replace the fuel line also

posted at the same time as above.

Thanks I will try all of these things. When I bought the truck it had been sitting in the guys gruage foe 3 years,and he left fuel in it the whole time It sat. Do you think this could have hurt the enguine in any way? Or could this be some of my prob. I'm not real fimilar w/
Traxxas

You'd be best off to tear it apart and clean it out. Take the backplate off and soak it in fuel. The carb could probably use a good cleaning too.

Yes it can hurt the engine and fuel tank by leaving fuel in them for long periods of time. Most people here will recommend that you remove all of the fuel at the end of a day of bashing. You may want to go ahead and replace the tank and take the engine apart and clean it really well. You should also replace the fuel and pressure lines when you replace the tank as well as seal the engine as was stated above..

Thanks I will try this stuff and let you all know how every thing turns out! You all have been very help full and very responsive,thanks again:D

I will check it out other than everything else would you say that is it

Definitely check and clean the carb It sounds like crud or dirt may be built up in the hsn blocking flow, as well as some air leaks.