TRX 1/16 E-Revo body rub protection

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
After owning my merv for a month I’ve found a couple of places that should be protected with tape to prevent the paint from rubbing off the lexan. I added duct tape around all four body posts, and the sides (optional: the top of the body should be taped too if you use a parallel or series harness; the extra connectors will rub up agains the top). I also added tape on the inside of the battery compartments, as the stock NimH(s) rub up against the doors and I have noticed some wear.

B8D898B3-E9BE-43F2-8366-1D04B0240C9A.jpeg

F2398EC4-CF47-4A17-A227-E9CA67201D20.jpeg

Best thing ever on the MERV; put some velcro on the outside of those battery doors, and on the inside of the sides of the body. No more need for body clips.
Maybe I’ll try it; a lot of other people recommend it plus, I keep bending body clips. Does it hold on well? I jump a lot and I land upside down and on the wings sometimes on failed landings

I like Velcro. I use a little as a sort of pad, and put some on the battery connector, to keep it pinned up and away.

I have 3m duolock on the sides, thought it would be better because no fuzz, but it will pop right off with a good impact. Regular Velcro seems better for holding on, but the fuzz bothers me lol. I'm just a weirdo though.

IMG_20230713_092232.jpg

Maybe I’ll try it; a lot of other people recommend it plus, I keep bending body clips. Does it hold on well? I jump a lot and I land upside down and on the wings sometimes on failed landings

It holds great, you can pick the whole truck up by the body and it won't go anywhere. If memory serves, I did the same on my big E Revo also.

I like Velcro. I use a little as a sort of pad, and put some on the battery connector, to keep it pinned up and away.

I have 3m duolock on the sides, thought it would be better because no fuzz, but it will pop right off with a good impact. Regular Velcro seems better for holding on, but the fuzz bothers me lol. I'm just a weirdo though.

View attachment 168684
The battery connector, too, I see. I find that with the parallel or series connector it’ll rub lots

Back