Trophy vs Ten-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What are your guys opinions. The trophy 4.6 would be a bit cheaper, but hpi's durability (other than the savage line up) has been questionable. The Ten-T on the other hand looks like a sweet truck and comes with the spektrum DXS3 for only 60 bucks more. If I could only have them both. :\

The ten t was manufactured with hopes that it would create a tenth scale truggy class. It didn't. I don't see it having a bright future from this point as it failed at being "the next big thing" So that alone makes me say take the hpi

Sent from my X10a

I won't be racing either of them, which one would be the best setup for bashing?

How do you like the Trophy 4.6? I just ordered myself one yesterday.:D

Don't know yet. Waiting for warmer weather until I break it in. That won't be for another month. :(

Sorry. Didn't think of that. Its already 75* here in North Carolina. Mine will be here tomorrow.

I'm jealous! :hehe: Let me know how you like it. Do you plan on racing with it or just bashing?

It came in today. Looks awesome. Plan on breaking it in on Monday. Plan on bashing mostly. I'll let you know how it goes.

If anyone ever buys a Ten T then take the motor and the ROSS and sell it off on ebay while its brand new. Sell them separately you'll make more money. Then take that money and just a little bit more out of your pocket and put an OS .21TM on it with a pull start. Thats the way mine is and if there was a race class I feel it would be race worthy that way. Unfortunatly I didnt know there was no race class at the time that I bought it or Id have gone 1/8 scale (most likely 8ight-T) but for bashing it is a badass machine with a OS .21 in it.

Unfortunately I've never owned the Trophy T so I can't make any comparisons.

How do you buy parts for the trophy here in the united states??? I have a bullet that I just purchsed form my local hobby shop and the shock tower broke on the first week-end outing with this truck. the owner of our local hobby store is doing above and beyond trying to get me these parts but says he might have to order the from the UK directly. AAHHGGGG! How do you sell a Nitro truck but not the parts for it??? HPI better get going on this!!!

I never even noticed that parts aren't available until you pointed that out. :whhooo: I guess I wont worry about trying to find parts until something breaks... hopefully nothing breaks. ;)

No, lol. Tower hobbies has finally started to stock replacement parts for the trophy truggy.

Yeah, some. A lot of the parts are back order though. I can't even get an exhaust gasket.

I have had my Ten T for over a year now and have a couple of gallons through it. The only thing I have replaced is the steering servo (a PITA to install). It is still going strong and I have had zero issues with the ROSS unit or any of the electronics.

Back