Traxxas Maxx 4s 5000mah vs 6700mah

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCLover_2024

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am planning to buy the Traxxas Maxx but can't decide if I should get the 5000mah 6700mah Traxxas battery for $40 more. I get Traxxas batteries are overpriced but I don't want to lose the warranty and adapters are just annoying to work with. I anyone has the maxx could you just tell me what kind of run time I could get out of each battery?

I’m not sure on the exact runtime but if I were in your boots I’d definitely spend the extra money and get the 6700mah. Its runtime will be longer.
I truthfully don’t know why I’m saying anything I always spend more money than I need to🤣

Lol yea these brand always have a pricing ladder.
I’m not sure on the exact runtime but if I were in your boots I’d definitely spend the extra money and get the 6700mah. Its runtime will be longer.
I truthfully don’t know why I’m saying anything I always spend more money than I need to🤣

I know you don't want to hear it, but I gotta say it. For the extra money it will cost and the headaches running Traxxas batteries and chargers will bring you, the first thing I would do is hack that connector off and run proper batteries, and buy a charger that is worth what you paid for it. I can't stress enough how much of a ripoff their batteries and chargers are. Way overpriced garbage. There is not a single electronic part in any Traxxas vehicle that I would even bother with getting replaced under warranty anyway. In fact, the very first thing I would probably do is rip all the electronics out and sell them on ebay 🤪

There are WAY better chargers and batteries out there for far less money. That warranty scam Traxxas is pulling is just to get you to fall for giving them more of your money. Don't fall for it!

Last edited:
Back