traxxas 3.3 or keep my losi m26 on??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkins1424

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When i put this rig all together i put a big block kit in and a m26, i been thinking about throwing a stock 3.3 on. Anyone have some input. Or another good affordable engine.;)

yes. i would also like to know what a decent replacement is for the trx3.3 on the revo 5309. not going to upgrade anytime soon but would like to keep it in the back of my mind for future reference.

I like the 3.3 and traxxas 2.5.Have great luck with them both?Reliable and tons power!

I'm thinking of dropping mine down to a 3.3. I had an XTM 24.7 in it (pretty close the the M26 you have), then upgraded to an LRP28... now it's just stupidly overpowered. 2nd gear wheelie/backflips are annoying.

I've never had a 3.3, but I have had a 18TM and supposedly the 3.3 is a bit stronger, so I might try that. I tried the 18TM I had before going with the BB and it just felt weak to me now that I've been running BB's for so long (aftershock/savage).

That said, for what it is and where I have to drive, something quieter that gets longer run times would probably work better for my needs. The LRP28 is a thirsty SOB!

The 18tm is quite a nice engine. It revs a bit lower, not much though. It does have more low end grunt.

Yeah, the TM is just more expensive to find parts for. It's been pinched once and runs a bit weak. I basically just keep it in a drawer because I spent $230 when it was new...

I wouldn't go back to a 3.3 after installing a big block. But that's just me.

Yeah, the TM is just more expensive to find parts for. It's been pinched once and runs a bit weak. I basically just keep it in a drawer because I spent $230 when it was new...
I have a new Piston and sleeve....if you ever decide to part with the engine....:)

I have a Picco .26 in one Revo and a RB523 in the other. I am not sure I would go back to a 3.3. Find a good middle of the road .25-26 to put back on it and you will be golden.

Bought both my cars where used with the TRX 2.5 and 3.3 and there both still running strong.I have a back up for both cars.When I use them I'm pinned out on these motors constantly!!I run them in a baseball field!

Thanks for all the helpfull tips and input. I still just might try the 3.3 out. Also how much is the .18 is that a powerfull engine? Thanks

I lucked out with my last new 18tm. 250 bucks, new p/s set, new extra 11k carb.
OP I would look for one or else get the os 21tm.

Thanks for all the helpfull tips and input. I still just might try the 3.3 out. Also how much is the .18 is that a powerfull engine? Thanks
The OS .18TZ will spank the 3.3 I am pretty sure. I have ran one and they are just pretty crazy fast....kinda expensive. Might as well buy the Picco .26 for the same price.

The 18TM is no longer available. OS now sells the 21TM at a premium price, $270. Is a real shame that they dropped the 18TM, but I guess more people wanted more power than the 18 put out. Sucks that they had to have the price so high on it. I mean really, it's just a bashers engine. At least you get the reliability, tunability and life of an OS. Every OS I've had has seen the other side of 10 gallons before it needed re-pinched.

Yeah the TZ and 3.3 don't even compare. I've seen them run head to head.

But comparing the TZ and the 3.3 is like comparing Secretariat to Elsie the Cow.

Guy's that own 3..3 jato's might argue that a 18tz would spank a 3.3.I personally don't think so!!

In a jato... I don't know how you could drive the stupid thing with more than the 2.5 in it. I ran my 18TM in it and could never get traction off the line and had a lot of backflips when I did get it going fast enough to hit 2nd...

I've since dropped back to the 2.5. Plenty fast for me. :)

I already know the 18TM is more powerful, so yes the tz will spank a 3.3 every time.

It depends on the car.Us older guys know there's always someone faster!