transmission gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisfjr83

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am searching for a place that i can get all metal gear tranny and tranny housing does any one have a clue where i can find one that is already built the i can get

thanks
chris

RRP makes all the gears you would need. You'd probably need to build it yourself to come out cheaper. Most people that build them tend to keep them.

Why do you want all metal gears? I've seen them slow you down more than help.

Let us know what your setup is so that we can help you.

i am needing all meatal gears because of the motor that i have on my tmaxx and the application that i am going to be useing it for the application that i am going to be useing it for is a puller truck in competion and when i say pulling i mean pulling a sled so that is why i need all metal gears unless you think that something else would work better go and check this link and take a look at my truck

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/8363

I'd install a center diff if you can find one that fits. That would eliminate all the rotational mass of the transmission.

If you can't find one that will go, I'd suggest an RRP idler gear for the tranny, and install a forward only conversion if you havent already.

You'd also probably need things to make the truck pretty heavy. Aluminum wheels, heavy things to make it more massive so that it would pull better instead of spinning tires.

Also, gear it as low as possible. 12t clutch bell, and as large as a spur gear as you can find.

Hope this helps.

You will find people suggesting "OTB" gears for the two speed, but they have been out of business for quite a while. They were out of business when I was looking around 3 years ago... The RRP steel gears hold up really well though. Then you might also want to convert to an 1/8th scale clutch setup using the RCS spur gear.

ok where do you think that i could find center diff for a tmaxx i have never heard of such a thing for a tmaxx if you could help me out that would be wonderful and di you even think that it is possible

I'm not sure but you probaly need forward only with the center diff. I was looking into the 3.3 Revo upgrade site and they had a center diff for it but said forward only. Just thought I would mention it. It would probaly do you good to remove the reverse for pulling seeing how the truck jerks around at low speeds a lot with it.

Ray

i already have the forward only conversion on there i am just needing a beefery tranny since i am going to be pulling

Back