Top best engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDarkPope

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I own a RTR, Machstar engine in my Hyper buggy, buy I want to jump to a good affordable engine, which are the best brands; when I say affordable I mean also I am not going to invest on a Novarosi.

On the things eventhought I kinda new to this hobby, is one of the most important facts beyond having good stuff in your car, is that you must develop your driving, a good control on the track, causes a lot of time saving...

Are you looking at bump start engines or Roto-start / pull-start engines?

What size? Are you planning on staying with a .21 or are you looking at .21 and up?

Pump start, I mean with starter box, Only .21, I am browsing amainhobbies.com, they have these brand Werks racing and preciorate racing, I am looking for something affordable, no Ninja, Mugen, or Novarosi, I know they are top brands but I would like to buy a Picco, but somehow there are not avaliable in this site, or can you recommend me a bigger, better site?

tower hobbies,, rcplanet these 2 should have everything between the 2 I think.

How much are you looking to spend?

Tower hobbies carries OS engines and like Picco they make a good product.

I'd also look at Nitrohouse.com and wouldn't rule out eBay.
The bay offers a large selection of new engines and really good ones sometimes go for a bargain. I would avoid used engines, but you should be safe with new, never mounted to sealed engines.

A werks b5 or b6 are great engines, and at 200$ an absolute steal for what you get.

I have heard those works engines are insane little mills!!!

Werks engines are amazing for the price, more then enough power for a buggy and truggy

my teammate ran one this year to try it, and after seeing it run my buggy is getting a b6, and the truggy is getting a b5 for next season

Back