to fix or forget?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt.Doomsday

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got 2 old school Tamyia Electric Monster trucks.
a Monster Beetle and a Clod Buster.the steering servo is broke in the beetle and the clod buster throttle control is messed up,along with the steering.the batteries are long shot and don't hold a charge,the controls are fine but wore pretty good.

should i try and find parts to fix them or just forget about it?

Price it out. If the price you come up with to get you running is reasonable then go for it, if not scrap it and use the parts for something else.

i can't really find prices for the parts like the servo's.i guess i could get just a servo from a tamyia monster truck.

My LHS has Both those two in stock. Tamaya still makes them, and parts are still available. I just sold all my Tamaya stuff to a guy who only has electrics. They are easy to fix and maintain.
Fix them both.
Any standard servos will fit them. They do not have to be Tamaya.

How old are those cars? there is some people that pays good for vintage Tamiyas, you might sell it and buy a new one if you are not interested on vintage cars, just my:2cents:

pretty old{circa early 90's i think}.the body of the monster beetle is shattered in the front cause it got airborn{battery died and it went off at WOT} so the mounts are cracked and held together by old plastic glue.the clod buster is in pretty good condition.

i'll post some pics maybe in my gallery.

i just went downstairs and pulled them out.the blackfoot{not clod buster,my mistake} is fine after tightening up a few screws,except the rear rims are spinning in the tires.

the monster beettle is the one with the servo problems and throttle{figures,it was mine after all and at the time didn't know much about them}.after flipping though some of the books,i found about 3 pages of parts lists for both the blackfoot and monster beetle trucks,but who knows if tamyia even still use the same part numbers.i also found the instruction books for both of them. i guess all isn't lost with getting parts for them.

:thumbup:

Pics:
DSCF0001.jpg

in this one you can see the crack in the front of the monster beetle.
DSCF0003.gif

I Know They still sell the ClodBuster on Tower Hobbies.com but I'm not shure abbout the Monster Beatle???? Did you try to look on
E-Bay to try to find what there going for???

If you email me a list of part numbers of what you need, I may be able to assist you. Let me know.

In the meantime, I would also search eBay and just do some Google searches as well. You might be surprised on what you find.

Back