tmaxx tire & rims ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc10gt1980

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i need to know what difference between 23mm and 40 serize are? keep in mind my 2.5 tmaxx is stock. will the dish 23mm rims be the right ones to put on and still be stock. and i want to put different tires on my maxx any suggestions for racing and would like something different for bashing maybe a softer rubber but w/ good tread

the 40 series referes to the taller wheels low profile tire like comes on the revo. the 23mm referes to the hex size.. that is a conversion for a mt to run bigger hex's so they dont strip so easly.. i think the mt's run 17mm hexes (if I'm wrong dont flame i just got up) so you will need a conversion set to run 23mm hexes.. but you can run 40series without a conversion you just need the proper size hex wheels..

Beason is almost right, standard maxx wheels use 14mm hexes. So a 40 series wheel will fit with no problems, just make sure they do not use 23mm hexes.

Yeah, for racing you can use the 40 series (not 23mm hex) with bowties and it should work out fine. The 23mm hexes are stronger, but cost an arm and a leg to buy...

mashers are good for basher wheels
Bowties for tracks and Mulchers for thick wet stuff

we have the 40 rims ... they are much better then those stock rims....

so i will need bigger hexes for 23mm but not 40 series ok my maxx is 14mm thanks how much do the blue hexes w/ big nut is that for 23mm rims? those look really nice. i quess they go right over the stock wheel lug

the 23s are an "upgrade" they replace the 14mm.. there bigger for more strength, you tanke the drive outs off and put on the new 23 mm ones

I'm pretty sure that UE makes the titanium cvds/23mm hex combo with the 7/8" nut instead of the 23mm one you can't find a socket for...

thanks everyone for all the feedback 23mm and 40s confused me quite a bit now i have a better grasp about it

Back