Tire opinions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenery

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, so i'm going to get a new set of tires for my tmaxx and would like your opinion on a couple of things.

First of all stock size or 40 series? I allready have a set of 40 series with the moabs and i like the wheelie popping action of the smaller stock tires a little better. But if i could put some rubber on some 40 series that aren't as tall as the moabs that might work good along with some lower gearing.

Second these are going to be offroad 80% of the time on all kinds of different surfaces but prolly mostly compacted dirt and clay. So that brings me to tire selection i'm considering these tires from proline Bowtie, Crimefighter, dirthawg, badlands or the traxxas talons.

Whichever tires I get will go on either prolines wabash or velocity rims.

Get Losi Zombiemaxx tires, Maximizer beadlocks in 17mm, and the Maximizer 17mm adapter kit and you'll be set.

The Bowties are excellent for the hard packed earth and clay you described. They are actually designed for those conditions on the race track.

The 40 series bowties with the short sidewalls are actually pretty compact and provide excellent handling.

Do the bowties wear very well? I don't plan on much onroad but will a little destroy them or will they hold up? And i'm allready setup with 23mm hexes.

I reallly really liked my Pro-line speed paws. They hooked good and lasted me awhile.

Do the bowties wear very well? I don't plan on much onroad but will a little destroy them or will they hold up? And i'm allready setup with 23mm hexes.

They will wear pretty heavily with on-road use, but a little shouldn't hurt it. I run them on my wheel-spinning .26 Maxx and I don't have too much wear from the little street running I do.

All pin style tires will wear more heavily than block tread tires simply because the tread pattern is so small. Block treads have much more rubber on the treads than pins.

Back