Thunder Tiger Problems :s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroJIM1386

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

I currently have a 1/10 2wd Thunder Tiger Twister stadium truck. It was bought 2-3 years ago but has never seen much use and has since collected dust :(

With summer approaching I am keen to either get it running or sell and upgrade to something more reliable.

I have a couple of very 'newbie' questions regarding the tuning.
I am aware of the main mixture screw and the concept of running the engine rich or lean etc. But I am unaware of the HSN and LSN on the engine/carb, where abouts are these? I ran the car in fine, but on its first few runs I couldnt get it to run without stalling, had trouble starting it and keeping it running. It THEN had problems with its diff's and had a new rear, since then it has never run well, nor has the diff ever seemed ok (i'v had it apart and put it back together more times than i can remember!)

I am starting to give up hope of fixing and getting it running, considering flogging it for something else :S

Can anybody help or give advice before it goes on ebay!? lol.

Thanks.
Jim

I am unaware of the HSN and LSN on the engine/carb, where abouts are these? I ran the car in fine, but on its first few runs I couldnt get it to run without stalling, had trouble starting it and keeping it running.

The LSN in right thru the center of the throttle shaft where the linkage hooks to the carb. The HSN is sticking up right above where the fuel line attaches to the carb. Also be sure to check the idle screw setting to make sure your carb isn't closing too far. Should have about a 1mm gap (paper clip wire thickness) at idle when looking down the intake throat.

Sorry I can't help much with the diff, I'm sure I could fix it if I had it here but I haven't worked on one of these to have advice to help you.

Thanks for the advice! I shall take a look over the weekend and try my best to get it running better :)

I dont abuse it at all, its only ever ran around my road and hasnt hit/been damaged :) The diff isnt stripped/worn, what else could be the matter with it? How should i set up the clearances on it? If there is such a setting.

JIM