The other bigger side of Me-Beauty of Aquariums-Must see-Many Big fish's-MFK

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 55 gal saltwater reef tank. It was fun but to much work and way to much money. I had about 2 grand into it plus like a hour a day in maintenance.

I had a 55 gal saltwater reef tank. It was fun but to much work and way to much money. I had about 2 grand into it plus like a hour a day in maintenance.

tell me about it,Aquariums are just like women's,they give you a lot's of good time and enjoinment but they cost a lot to keep them in good condition...
but it's worth it!
already have placed an order on Silver Arowana and I'm now planning to keep an High Back Red Tail Golden Arowana which is £700 for 6 inches Arowana but that's when I will have my own place!

Silver Arowana
Snow_Arowana.jpg

High Back Red Tail Golden Arowana
RTG-Show-Grade.jpg

This is the only couple pics I have of it and it was early in its life.

znxaf7.jpg

2zgt4aw.jpg

111oztg.jpg

30d9mqe.jpg

Here is my puffer i got before I knew anything about aquariums and the lady told me it was fine to have in a 10G tank with fake substrate.... I gave him back to a REAL pet store.

28ryt1i.jpg

I started out with some of those 10 cent feeder goldfish in a 10 gallon tank about 15 years ago. Upgraded them to a 46 gallon and they finally died about 10 years later. The biggest one out of the 3 of them was just a hair over 15". I turned that tank into a reef tank, along with another 55 gallon that a friend gave to me. I am now working on a 250gal reef. Still waiting on the RO/DI water to fill it up. Should be nice once it gets going.

hell, i just have 1 regular gold fish that swims around in a 2 gallon tank placed in my office, lol.

I started out with some of those 10 cent feeder goldfish in a 10 gallon tank about 15 years ago. Upgraded them to a 46 gallon and they finally died about 10 years later. The biggest one out of the 3 of them was just a hair over 15". I turned that tank into a reef tank, along with another 55 gallon that a friend gave to me. I am now working on a 250gal reef. Still waiting on the RO/DI water to fill it up. Should be nice once it gets going.

RO/DI water isn't that good to start a Aquarium with...
RO water is completely clean and has no minerals or anything like that in it!
I would use 50/50 so water isn't hard but still has some minerals,if you wanna start a marine Aquarium then let the Aquarium and Corals settle for a month before introducing any fish!
that will let the corals to grow quicker and also if you wanna have 250 gallons marine Aquarium you will need a 2X 350W lighting kit other wise everything is gonna die...

This is the only couple pics I have of it and it was early in its life.

znxaf7.jpg

2zgt4aw.jpg

111oztg.jpg

30d9mqe.jpg

Here is my puffer i got before I knew anything about aquariums and the lady told me it was fine to have in a 10G tank with fake substrate.... I gave him back to a REAL pet store.

28ryt1i.jpg

that would be a nice aquarium if you let it settle for longer,nice job.
you need to sell few rigs and come back to this hobby :hehe:

Seeing this thread makes me miss my fish...

I never had a saltwater tank, but at one point in time, I had a 55G tall and two 30G tanks. The 55 had the oscar in it. One of the 30's was for feeder fish and the other 30 was for community fish.

I really liked watching the oscar.

RO/DI water isn't that good to start a Aquarium with...
RO water is completely clean and has no minerals or anything like that in it!
I would use 50/50 so water isn't hard but still has some minerals,if you wanna start a marine Aquarium then let the Aquarium and Corals settle for a month before introducing any fish!
that will let the corals to grow quicker and also if you wanna have 250 gallons marine Aquarium you will need a 2X 350W lighting kit other wise everything is gonna die...

The salt mix is supposed to have the minerals, etc... I use RO/DI because my tap water is so hard. BTW, I have 3x400w metal halides.

Seeing this thread makes me miss my fish...

I never had a saltwater tank, but at one point in time, I had a 55G tall and two 30G tanks. The 55 had the oscar in it. One of the 30's was for feeder fish and the other 30 was for community fish.

I really liked watching the oscar.

Oscar's are great fish,my go nuts when I'm feeding them :hehe:

The salt mix is supposed to have the minerals, etc... I use RO/DI because my tap water is so hard. BTW, I have 3x400w metal halides.

I'm sorry for you,your bills must be killing you :hehe:

Back