TeknoRC Revo Brushless Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Part of my quest to rid myself of most things nitro has now been focused on my Revo.

It is the 2.5R version that has been upgraded significantly with various aftermarket parts from TeknoRC, Traxxas, RPM, etc. Sadly, after I installed all the sweet parts, I never ran it again.

So………time to convert it over to brushless.

I was going to do a GorillaMaxx conversion, but since I have already have the conversion on my EMaxx, I decided to go with the TeknoRC kit.

I have the kit along with a set of their sway bars on the way.

I also have the battery pack that will power it on the way. It will be a MaxAmps 8000mah 3S pack.

Items I still need are the Castle Mamba Max ESC and a Neu 1515 2700kv motor with 5mm shaft.

The Neu will be purchased shortly as soon as some items I have sold have been paid for.

I also plan on upgrading the diffs using Maximizer steel cups and RRP ring gears.

The Traxxas center diff is also going in. At this point I am not going to upgrade the tranny gears to RRP. I am going to see how the stock gears hold up to the brushless power.

What I am not decided on is whether to convert over to the 3.3 chassis. This rig is being build to race on an on-road 10th scale track against FastEddy and his Revo GorillaMaxx conversion.

If anyone has any thoughts on swapping to a 3.3 chassis, I’m listening.

I will get some before, during and after pics of this build.

I have a bunch of TeknoRC parts currently installed that I will no longer be needing and will be listing in the F/S forum as they come off.

Well, the basics say that a longer wheelbase yields better handling but it also widens your turn radius... running MT size tires on-road I'd be concerned about killing my turn radius.. depends on the track really. Is it a permanent track? Is it tight and technical? Mixed?

Well, the basics say that a longer wheelbase yields better handling but it also widens your turn radius... running MT size tires on-road I'd be concerned about killing my turn radius.. depends on the track really. Is it a permanent track? Is it tight and technical? Mixed?

Track layout and difficulty is always different, but always tight since it is for 10th scale touring cars.

I think I will just try the stock chassis and see how it goes.

i would stick witht he shorter one.. a 10th scale track could have some tight turns to pull off with an MT. you could always go with the tekno extended rear arms later if you need a bit more wheelbase. they extend the wheelbase out to almost 3.3 length.

oh and umm

WE NEED PICS!!

All of what hop up parts will you be selling. Just pm me if you want. LOL. Sounds like a good build though, should be a blast when its done.

Bryson

Keep us posted. I'm considering this build also for a roller that I got from Talon.

I have the before pics taken and will post them this weekend.

Now I am just waiting for all the parts to come in so I can begin the conversion.

TeknoRC Throttle Servo Mount.

Are you selling that? If so can you come up with a price for me? Thanks Id appreciate it and good luck with the build I've always wanted to build an E Revo but never had the bank for the conversion.

How much for the TeknoRC Fuel Tank Conversion Kit with a 250cc tank?

Here are some before pics...

revo_2.jpg

revo_1.jpg

Tekno conversion kit and sway bars came in today.

Orders have been placed for the motor, center diff and RRP diff gears.

All I need to order is the Mamba Max esc and cooling fan.

Last edited:
seems like an awsome project,I'm not much on electric but I've never seen an electric revo so that pretty cool. i would stick with the 2.5 chassis for what you are going to be doing. especialy since you have the centerdiff coming. thanks for answering my wtb add.

OK.

Got the the last few items ordered for this project.

I should have everything by the end of next week.

All items I do not require have been removed from chassis.

I now need to pull the diffs and tranny and rebuild them.

TeknoRC stuff I don't need have been sold to joneser4u. Thanks man.

top2.jpg

bottom1.jpg

Last edited:
Dam i really wanted to pick up that throttle box rob Oh well good luck with the build!

Parts are starting to come in. I will get pics of everything before I start tearing into them.

I have found the perfect lid as well. The JConcopts Illuzion for the Revo. No way am I putting the stocker on.

Yeah I got the Jconcepts Illuzion Tango for my revo. Jconcepts makes some of the sweetest bodies out there. I think so anyway.

Tore down to it's major components.
tore_down.jpg

Conversion Kit
tekno.jpg

Some of the parts being used.
parts3.jpg

The motor.
neu.jpg

More pics to follow once all the parts come in and I can begin the conversion.

nice,really like those cvds and diff parts. just curious why does the electric conversion kit come with a throttle servo mount?

thanks alot for the tekno stuff,installed it all lastnight after work and it has rained ever since. argggg, can't wait to run it,that tank is HUGE i was reading that some revos were getting 20min run times with that tank,that rocks! its all really nice stuff the tank just slightly bulges the body some. i can deal with that.

what ya want for them stock driveaxles once you install those cvds?

Last edited:
Here is why.

"Elektri-Clutch clutch bell adapter - uses any existing Revo clutch and clutch bell so you can tune the massive power delivery of current brushless motors the same way you would tune a clutch for a nitro engine. This means no cogging effects, superior predictable traction compared to other 'direct drive' electric conversions. No 'mod 1' pinions to buy. 5mm motor shaft is required."

"Uses stock mechanical brakes so you can tune front/rear brake bias if using the center differential kit. This results in much more predictable braking and less heat generation compared to using 'motor braking', not to mention it will save your transmission from unneeded stress."

Back