Team Infinity Savage Exhaust Pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartBreak

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, after a long road of repairs and upgrades, the last part was ordered and installed. Here it is; a Team Infinity exhaust pipe. I thought I'd toss up a few pictures before I take it out in about 10 hours and run it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Check out the size difference between the HPI Polished and this monster!
IMG_0092_Small_.jpg

Not only is it longer with a different shape, but it also features a smaller diameter exhaust stinger. You can actually fit it into the HPI's pipe's stinger. I'm curious as to how this is going to affect the power band....
IMG_0091_Small_.jpg

And lastly, here is the Savage known as Christine. Upgrades are a three speed (thanks to Got Nitro), MGT Tires (thanks to Woodie), HPI F4.1 (thanks to Beason), and assorted parts purchased from ebay (reverse module, roll cage, air filter, cam type steering, dual pad slipper, and a hand full of other parts).
IMG_0093_Small_.jpg

The only thing I didn't like about the size of the pipe is the stock hanger from the purple pipe wouldn't work, so I had to make my own. I knew those leftover L wrenches would come in handy some day!

I'll post back with a review on the pipe (if it passes the test later on today)...

Well, after just a tanks worth of fuel, I'm not too overall impressed. The engine fired up and idled at 255F degrees. I'm thinking I'm going to change back to the HPI pipe; it at least idled at a much cooler 220F.

dang bro. sorry to hear it.

i've had great luck with the THS racing pipe

I've been leaning towards the THS, or maybe the Tsais. I might hang this puppy on the wall, and just pony up for the tsais pipe.

i also run the ths racing pipe on two of my savage trucks one has a.32 and one has the stock x motor 4.1 that pipe works great imo and you can use the stock pipe hanger from the ss truck i think sickhobbies.com has it for 56.00 plus shipping.

a company call r/c edit makes a new pipe thats supposed to be prretty good from what i hear. u have to order it out of the uk, but I've heard its well worth the money.

The HPI dual chamber pipe is a good one. You will not get much better than that.

You got a part number on the hpi dual chamber, rossb?

The purple ones' the one I have... I didn't like how hard it made my engine to start; altho I suppose I can give it another shot, if I manage to find one cheap enough on ebay. Thanks ross!

Yeah, I know it is the one you have.:) I run the polished aluminum one. I do not have any starting problems.

go ths!

I still need to get that buggy pipe in the mail to you.............along with the rest of the savage misc. i have laying around,

I'll have to see how my finances are in a month or so... till then, I guess I'll finally finish breaking in those other engines, lol. But I'm thinkin THS... everyone I've talked to seems to rave about 'em.

Last edited:
I'll jump on the THS bandwagon. Got one on my Savvy and run the 4.1 as well. Really opens the bottom end up, but must admit, you do lose a touch on the top.

Looks good, HB!

Thanks monkey; I just got a new digital camera. A canon powershot A530 (5mp). It's a definate learning curve, that's for sure. I got it on clearance for $125 at office depot. It was the display model. It even takes video half-way decently.

Well, this time I think we have a winner! After a couple hours of searching hard on ebay, I managed to turn up a pipe that looks like it'll work great.

IMG_0112_Small_.jpg

The Hot Bodies polished pipe, part number HB61193. I paid a total of $7 for it, new in package. Compared to the HPI polished pipe, it looks like it's going to be a low end pipe (as if the savage needed more low end, haha).

Just an update; I finally got to test this pipe out... I put about a half a quart of fuel through the savage, and WOW. First start of the day, it fires in one pull (or at least tries to). The next pull, it's up and running.

As for performance... Make that a double WOW. After letting it warm up for a minute or so, wheelies are easy as all get out. Top end is a little less, but the low end... It peels out on concrete! Course, the tires are dirty when it does it, but it burns 'em none-the-less.

The most important part of it; the engine actually responds to a needle adjustment now. At least noticeably.

I've yet to get it up to speed to test out the three speed shift points. If the trans won't shift soon enough, I have a 17 tooth clutch bell hanging on the wall waiting.

Overall, best $7 spent on the savage to-date. As far as I can tell, the pipe may be discontinued.

sounds like you found your set-up and saved a little money. i would have to say you scored

I definately did; The only seller on ebay, "hopmeup" has one for $27 before shipping. I think the seller typo'ed the price and honored their mistake.