Team Associated getting ready to release 2 new RTRs.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the "Team"'s sake, I hope somebody jumps onboard to make aftermarket bodies. Associated should at least give, the few people that buy these platforms, clear bodies to Mad Max 'em out.

I'm just kidding. My RC car/truck tastes are different than that of the people who work at "Area 51 Design Works". They know what they are doing over there. Right? I'm sorry for poking a little fun at things.

Last edited:
I think the LT looks great but then again I also like how the Volvo 240 looks so thereā€™s that. Iā€™m guessing DK stands for Dakar but whatā€™s LT?

This platform seems solid, has been around for a while, and upgrades are available both from FT and third parties. The prospects for tuning and continued support look way better compared to the AElion Pro4 SC10.

Pulled up the Dakar on the AE website for a closer look. Body doesn't look all that bad when taken in the context that it fairly well replicates what has run the Dakar Rally times past. So, on that account will give it a pass.

With a 10.94 in. wheelbase (277mm) and 9.92 in width (252mm), may give the body shell additional consideration. My trucks are migrating over to a rally config, the AE Dakar shell might be a fit for the MT10 chassis with a SC wheelset. Length being the only real point of contention.

Wait to see if one pops up at a LHS for a shell size check on the MT10. Cheers. 'AC'

AE Dakar

I think the LT looks great but then again I also like how the Volvo 240 looks so thereā€™s that. Iā€™m guessing DK stands for Dakar but whatā€™s LT?...
I'd guess LT stands for "lite", or "lightweight". After I had seen the typo wheelbase spec on Associated's website, "Little Truck" seems a better fit šŸ˜.

I like "square" trucks a lot. Maybe it's the wheelbase thing on the Pro2 LT10SW that makes it seem out of place to me. Maybe it's the cheesy design and graphics. I don't know. I will even admit to liking Pontiac Aztecs a bit. I'm sure if Associated offers clear bodies we'll see some stupid good paint jobs that will enhance the body lines better, and we all will be applauding šŸ‘šŸ‘.

I'm not against the boxy retro style of the truck, it could be made to look pretty sweet for sure

AE Dakar shell might be a fit for the MT10 chassis with a SC wheelset. Length being the only real point of contention.
The MT10 has truck-length arms so it will be too wide even with zero offset wheels. These new SW models have buggy-length arms.

Iā€™m considering buying the body separately and dropping it on my B74.2 with a SCT wheelset and a smaller pinion. The wheelbase and width match buggies perfectly. Trucks like these should be 4WD in my opinion.

The MT10 has truck-length arms so it will be too wide even with zero offset wheels. These new SW models have buggy-length arms.

Iā€™m considering buying the body separately and dropping it on my B74.2 with a SCT wheelset and a smaller pinion. The wheelbase and width match buggies perfectly. Trucks like these should be 4WD in my opinion.
So you're thinking of making a "smaller" Pro 4 platform? Hmm šŸ¤”. A Pro4 LT74.2SW kit?... now that would interest me ;):cool:. I'm up for anything short course and kit oriented.

So you're thinking of making a "smaller" Pro 4 platform? Hmm šŸ¤”. A Pro4 LT74.2SW kit?... now that would interest me ;):cool:. I'm up for anything short course and kit oriented.
Thatā€™s the idea. Too bad it wouldnā€™t be race legal though.

Iā€™ve also toyed with the idea of a longer chassis and arms (and CVAs and turnbuckles, of course) I could swap to the B74.2 and have it meet the SCT dimensions. Like the Tekno SL using Associated architecture. But I digress.

I find it odd how off-scale RC short course trucks are. And I donā€™t mean just the proportions; judging by length alone, the ordinary trucks are larger than 1/8th of the real things. Even these new SW models are almost 1/8th scale judging by length. I wonder if these things are labelled 1/10th for commercial reasons because ā€1/8th is too large and expensive for most peopleā€.

Lumikko,​

Well, SC10 vs. SC8...
1685460542034.png

Since most 1/10 short course trucks have the same wheelbase as 1/8 buggies it's no wonder some 1/10 SCT manufacturers used 1/8 buggy chassis in their offerings. Team Associated used their RC8T (1/8 scale truggy) chassis for their SC8 1/8 scale short course platform.

After thinking about the LT10SW & DK10SW again, they wouldn't be for me. Being that they are based off a 1/10 scale buggy chassis... I got out of the 1/10 scale buggy bashing scene a few years back. Rocks the size of my fist began to emerge from the red-ish dirt track out in the backyard (picture was back when track was buggy friendly). I don't bash my off-road RCs in, or on anything other than dirt.
1685462710316.jpeg
1685462862385.jpeg

My track became a little too rough for me to enjoy lightweight buggies as they would get thrown around. I never had a 4wd buggy at my current place. I would like one, but fear pebbles would reek havoc if I didn't choose a platform/drivetrain wisely. Only 1/10 scale SC/ST platforms, and 1/8 scale buggies/truggies for me nowadays... the heavier the better :thumbs-up:.

Last edited:

Lumikko,​

Well, SC10 vs. SC8...
View attachment 166618
Since most 1/10 short course trucks have the same wheelbase as 1/8 buggies it's no wonder some 1/10 SCT manufacturers used 1/8 buggy chassis in their offerings. Team Associated used their RC8T (1/8 scale truggy) chassis for their SC8 1/8 scale short course platform.

After thinking about the LT10SW & DK10SW again, they wouldn't be for me. Being that they are based off a 1/10 scale buggy chassis... I got out of the 1/10 scale buggy bashing scene a few years back. Rocks the size of my fist began to emerge from the red-ish dirt track out in the backyard (picture was back when track was buggy friendly). I don't bash my off-road RCs in, or on anything other than dirt.
View attachment 166619View attachment 166620
My track became a little too rough for me to enjoy lightweight buggies as they would get thrown around. I never had a 4wd buggy at my current place. I would like one, but fear pebbles would reek havoc if I didn't choose a platform/drivetrain wisely. Only 1/10 scale SC/ST platforms, and 1/8 scale buggies/truggies for me nowadays... the heavier the better :thumbs-up:.
I can relate.. I have a track at the house, my brother and I "race" each other on, just for kicks.. it's hard pack clay, pretty rough in general with alot of rocks that keep working their way up from the ground. It's still work in progress but, until this year it's just been too rough for 1/10 scale. I've actually been running 1/8 truggy and monster tired truggies for the very reason you stated. The ground I run on is just too rough for small tire'd lightweight rigs such as a 1/10 buggy or even ST..
I missed the whole 1/8 SCT segment when it was actually going on as I wasn't into rc's at the time. I'm really disappointed that I missed it, and no one makes them anymore. I know Arrma made the 6s Senton but, now gone too. The Senton is just too small IMO anyways, even for 4s, 6s? Forget about it. I had a plan to make a 1/8 SCT from a Kraton 6s by adding Typhon arms and cvds..but decided to do a mashup between my Kraton and Mojave instead. I now have a Mojave armed Kraton and a Kraton XL.
The Kraton with Mojo arms is really good on my track, Kraton XL? Well, I just haven't found a good place to run it yet.
BTW, sweet SC8 you got there!! I really want one! To my knowledge, the only 1/8 SCT available nowadays is the Hobao SC8? Looks pretty good too.

Last edited:
Since most 1/10 short course trucks have the same wheelbase as 1/8 buggies it's no wonder some 1/10 SCT manufacturers used 1/8 buggy chassis in their offerings.
My point is that whether itā€™s an 1/8 buggy chassis or just a long 1/10 chassis doesnā€™t change the actual measurements: if you multiply the dimensions of ā€1/10ā€ SCTs by 10, they are way bigger in all directions compared to the real things. Even if you are generous and multiply the dimensions by 8, they end up being larger than they should. So I wonder where that scale designation comes from because they certainly arenā€™t a tenth of the size of a Stadium Super Truck. Not even eighth.

I get that the proportions are sometimes changed to make these more fun to drive (some extra width goes a long way) but none of the measurements match!

Looks like it handles pretty well on a high bite clay track
Might be interested. Like the boxy ness of the body on the LT10. The other version, the DK10 I believe it is, not a fan
My only minus is that the rear tires and different from the front tires. (As its a short course mixed into a buggy?) and the shorter wheel base chassis.
Might rather go with the normal Pro2 SC10 if I had to pick up a 2wd SCT again as a good mixed basher and racer type of car. Or SC6.4 all the way out for a 2wd SCT racer.

My point is that whether itā€™s an 1/8 buggy chassis or just a long 1/10 chassis doesnā€™t change the actual measurements: if you multiply the dimensions of ā€1/10ā€ SCTs by 10, they are way bigger in all directions compared to the real things. Even if you are generous and multiply the dimensions by 8, they end up being larger than they should. So I wonder where that scale designation comes from because they certainly arenā€™t a tenth of the size of a Stadium Super Truck. Not even eighth.

I get that the proportions are sometimes changed to make these more fun to drive (some extra width goes a long way) but none of the measurements match!
Becareful buying a crawler. Axial 2000 jeep in 1/10 is huge compared to proline's 1992 cherokee. Tamiya 1/10 f350 is smaller than proline 1/10 2008 f250 and 2011 f250 cab. My cen f450 is huge compared to them. It reminds me of the ebay adds. Please allow x amount of give as the number may be off due to human error. šŸ¤£

Becareful buying a crawler. Axial 2000 jeep in 1/10 is huge compared to proline's 1992 cherokee. Tamiya 1/10 f350 is smaller than proline 1/10 2008 f250 and 2011 f250 cab. My cen f450 is huge compared to them. It reminds me of the ebay adds. Please allow x amount of give as the number may be off due to human error. šŸ¤£
I can say from experience that the Element "Bushido" is VERY off-scale, for what's supposed to be a Suzuki Samurai/Geo Tracker.

Given that the Apex2 and some Element crawlers use bushings, go that way or will they at least come with bearings?

Back