t maxx front end sag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevytmaxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
for some reason my front end likes to sag after decompressing or braking and wont go back all the way up. brand new shocks (not springs) could that be the problem the springs? mind you i have the integy aluminum bulkheads which added some weight from the stock plastic... and yes i properly added oil and let all the air bubbles out shocks are perfect but jus doesn't seem to want to sit up all the way. i was looking at the integy shock package with the 40 shock setup "kit" any thoughts????? should i just go with the big bores which everyone seems to like or a lil cheaper go with the integys

Last edited:
It's fairly normal depending on the stiffness of the springs. A stiffer spring will help reduce it, but when you drop a truck on the ground it should settle with the arms a about parallel with the ground. Mine settle a bit higher due to me liking the jumps and running heavier oil with stiffer springs to compensate.

I have the rc raven dual rate springs on my maxx and like em. I only use one on each corner though because all 8 was way to stiff for my likin.

Every vehicle should sag about 1/4 to 1/3 of it's overall travel. If yours is excessive then you'll need some stiffer springs.

Ya I guess I jus overlooked it it sags about the same as ur guys but I jus built a track with some nice jumps so stiffer it is.

so answer this big bores.....or integy shock set (40 spring set)....???? since it is xmas eve i got a gift card to local hobby shop wanting to know if the brand new xxl ultra shocks with the integy hard springs or whatever is needed will work jus as good as the big bores or what ?

Remember the plastic spring spacers?...they stiffen the springs to your likeing

right but the springs are old old i happend to have some new springs well two that came with the new shocks and put one on each side of the front and it helped alot

Since you would need better springs than come with the big bore shocks it may be best to invest in the springs 1st and then get better shocks later.

Back in the day, trinity used to make stiffer t-maxx springs. Blue were heavy duty, black were extra heavy duty. Both were more stiff than stock orange and way more stiff than the soft red ones that come on the big bores. I tried the integy ones and they weren't that great then comparatively, but maybe they are better now.

Well jus ordered the integy spring set......i think for the price its pretty good deal super hard, extra hard, hard, medium, soft.....40 spring set 30$ not bad poop anythin will be better that the springs i have now haha i bought it used and ya definatly can tell he drove the piss out of it 19 year old kid....literally had to buy everythin new basically jus upgraded everythin for what i bought it for i got pretty good deal lol about even for new one but this has everythin upgraded and brand new motor to bad its winter here 10 deg lol

jus put on new integy springs (hard) wow tremendous improvement love em....s*** the stock ones were softer than integys soft blue springs prolly jus cuz worn out but still wow there great!

The stock maxx springs have a spring rate of like 2.2 or 2.3in lbs, they are very weak.

Back