t-maxx 4wd, 2wd selector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintballgod

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i made a mod to the front drive shaft so i can enable or disable the front tires from pulling. i just made the final touches and it works great. i will be pitting a servo and using the spare channel on the sport maxx to switch between the two with a flick of a switch.

email me at [email protected] if you want to find out how i did it.

Care to post it here? This is after all to show off projects...

I too am very curious to see how you pulled that one off....:wtf:

You have to post some pics. We're all are curious as to how u did this. Or at least post how. This is what the forum is for.

Thanx

Ed

Yes I've been wanting to put a 4x4 transfer gear on my maxx for a while, please tell us how you did it!!!!

ok, its very simple and i will be posting pictures in a matter of seconds. i used a sleeve to connect two male driveshafts and bored out the sleeve to keep the shaft from spinning around wildly when its neutral. to engage 4x4 just slide the sleeve between the two shafts and they lock into place and ypur ready for off-road climbimg!

ok, heres one of them i will have another view of it
1e.jpg
1f.jpg

let me know if you dont understand how i did it and i will explain.
i have a question how can i attach a servo so the arm pushes and pulls the sleeve?

Dang those are small pics! Anyway you can post some larger ones?

Back