Sunglasses

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friends wear oakleys. I dont wear sunglasses for some reason. I probably should...

I like these...

http://www.oakley.com/products/6633/24786

I am right there with you my friend. I started off with 80's style Oakley's and then moved on to Ray Bans. I am now back to Oakley's I have 4 pairs. Now I don't remember the names of them off hand, but I have a set of metal frames, a pair of titanium X Frames, and a pair of Gas Cans. I go back and forth depending on what I am driving. I like the gas cans when I am jet skiing because they are all plastic and don't corrode in the salt water, and they are light. I have the metal frames in my wifes car, and I wear the titaniums in my truck. The forth pair I have is a pair of shooting glasses with 3 interchangeable lenses (Smoke, Clear, and yellow). I love them all! The best part is... because they are so expensive, I take care of them! LOL

Tom

I left a pair of Oakley M Frames laying on the bottom of the gulf just off the coast of Cozumel after wiping out on a waverunner, lol. Pissed me off I wasn't able to find them, I had just bought them a week before the trip specifically to wear to Mexico. Thats one of the few times I wished I was wearing a pair of gas station glasses. :hehe:

Yeah, but you would be surprised how much better you will take care of a good pair of sun glasses. If you know they were $5 at the gas station, who gives a crap if they get trashed, if they cost a hundred or two, you will want to take care of them.

And a few pair of costa del mar for fishing. Blue lens for blue water/off shore, brown lens for freshwater/rivers/lakes.

All glasses I own are polarized. Would not wear a pair if they weren't.

Costa's for me too.

Have these with glass amber lenses for low light
http://www.backcountry.com/costa-del-mar-pumphouse-polarized-sunglasses-costa-580-glass-lens

And these with blue mirror for sunny days.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/307,1959U_Costa-del-Mar-Osprey-CR-39-Sunglasses-Polarized-.html

Bought them from www.steepandcheap.com for less than half of what they retail because they are discontinued models.

And I have a pair of these that don't fit me well (too loose for my noggin) that I would sell for $50 if someone wants.
http://www.habervision.com/product/Bellagio.aspx

I left a pair of Oakley M Frames laying on the bottom of the gulf just off the coast of Cozumel after wiping out on a waverunner, lol. Pissed me off I wasn't able to find them, I had just bought them a week before the trip specifically to wear to Mexico. Thats one of the few times I wished I was wearing a pair of gas station glasses. :hehe:

Funny you should mention loosing a pair in the gulf! I lost a pair of $200 ray bans in the gulf the very same way in panama city florida during spring break in 2000! I know your pain...

Like Alpine, I'm extremely light sensitive, and have been since I was a kid. I've had a few pairs of sunglasses that I've liked, but none that I've loved more than Oakleys. I've been wearing them for almost 20 years now, and I swear by their quality and durability. My current set is half jacket XLJ's with the VR 20 lens. I prefer the amber driving style lens since it works in all conditions. They work especially well here in the mountains when motorcycle riding, as you're always going in and out of shade because of the canopy from the trees, so dark lenses are a no go for me. They're also shatter proof which is nice when you flip the shield up for some air, you know your eyes are still well protected. It's also shocking how well they work on grey rainy days, you can damn near drive without the wipers (not that I would), it's crazy. My current set is going on 7 years old, still in great shape.

I also wear eye glasses when reading or at work, and love Oakley eye glass frames for the same reasons you mentioned. With nothing to hook behind your ears, I can wear them all day long comfortably. My eye glasses are Oakley square wire 2.0's, that are photochromic so they tint themselves when exposed to sunlight.

You only get one set of eyeballs, I don't mind a bit spending the cash to take good care of them.

got some oakley hijinx with polarized lenses for father day and i don't leave the house without'em.