Stupid Rubber boots

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff7373

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I replaced all the rubber boots on my Revo a little over a year ago and they are already rotted out. After I replaced them the truck sat on the shelf for a year. (Rolex inspired me) Anyway I pulled it down the other day to finally run it again and all the boots where dry rotted, does anybody make a better set of them? I have actually though of not using them at all I just run the truck in the yard.

I recently got back to my giant Humm Vee build and even though it hadn't been used, ALL the boots were dried and rotted.
It's a lot of work to replace them, too. What a total waste. I'm wondering if it would help to Armoral them.
I'm surprised that Traxxas still puts out crap like that.
If you ever come across anything better, let me know.
They also should come in black. They look really stupid in blue under a Desert tan truck.

022.JPG

Wd 40 keeps them from rotting out

I will give it a go after I replace the pillar blocks apparently I should have left my failsafe in the other day.

I was glad my neighbors truck was parked where it was though made a nice solid thump. First time I had tried to run it in over a year and was just trying to tune it up some. Dropped it down and hadn't made it 75FT when it took off wide open.

The pivot balls got pulled out of the block I was able to re-install them but put the steering turnbuckle at a nice 90 degree angle. Going to order the new blocks today and turnbuckle, just in case the pivot balls start popping out on there own now.

same problem here ,I've done a full tear down on my picco .26 powered revo and have to replace all the boots and the steel cvd ones too , only thing that seems to make them last a bit longer is amour all like rolex aid.

figures Rolex would know how to store a RC :D

Yeah, but I'm having problems with the Traxxas Revo boot storage. That's a serious problem. Do you have any idea how devastating it is to find little bits of blue rubber on a shiny glass display rack? Hah? Do you? I think not. :mad:

Not the glass part but it is aggravating when you find them all split up on a truck that you haven't ran since u installed all the new boots. :cry:

Order the 5334R, they have steel rings around the pivot ball openings.

Those stupid boots didn't last my first run, pulled the rest of them and have not looked back.

pivotball_retainer.jpg

That is about where I am at going to pull the boots off and say screw it.

I'm wondering if it would help to Armoral them.

I personally don't use armorall and wouldn't suggest it, but WD40 wouldn't be a bad idea or better yet a bottle of 303 which is made to protect against premature aging and cracking. 303 also does an amazing job on your truck tonneau cover.

I do have a bottle of that laying around for the top on my jeep, I am still leaning towards doing away with the boots though. Especially the ones on the drive shafts, non of my other trucks have them there. I mostly just run in my yard so no excessive dirt and grit.

I believe so it's a UV protector I use it on my soft top for my jeep. I believe I got it from quadratec online.

Last edited:
All good I looked at my bottle it says aerospace protectant.

3 years I've gotten so far on my blue boots with the wd,..so I would imagine that that 303 stuff would be better

Back