steering upgrade info please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the cheap route is to go with BAC's steering link. It's a heavy duty wire that is a hair longer to give better steering. It sells for $12.

I believe you have to drill out your steering bell cranks a bit so the wire fits.

Bad Ass Creations has had a version of this around since the LST1 days.

A lot of guys go with GPM's steering assembly that is similar to dynamites. I'm not sure why. I always thought GPM was lower rung as far as material quality was concerned. Dynamite has always been pretty good with their material, fit and finish.

well i was told now by two guy the dynamite one is junk. appears the center link is not very tough.
check out the pic this thread
http://hdrcvideos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14449

i read quite a few guys recomend the gpm ones too.the gpm ones dont use the same center link they use the stock or the BAC one. if there was enough room you could use captured rod end and a lunsford Ti link in there.

Not sure??? After some EXTREME bashing I managed to wreck my steering, I've been running gpm bell cranks, BAC steering link and new era steering knuckles and I can't kill that setup, oh and Lunsford turnbuckles of course

well the one i put on has the ajuster more to the right i just put the ballends on and grinded the bolt heads down works great haven`t broke it yet and i drive the poop out of this thing :)

picture please :)

Back