starter box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agenttnk

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, I'm getting a starter box for my rs4 3 with a os cv-rx engine w/ pull start and I'm wondering what ill have to do to use the starter box.. do i just take the pull starter out and leave the empty plastic case on the back or do i need to get a new backplate? help, i clueless..

Neither. Leave the pullstart as is. I've got an RS4 2 with a pullstart installed on its .12 engine and use a starter box all the time. You CAN remove it from most engines and just leave the starter shaft sticking out of the backplate to shave a tiny amount of weight, but I'd leave the PS there for convenience. Right now I'm running two vehicles with pullstarters and two vehicles with the pullstarter removed, but I start all four with a starter box. :)

it wont ruin the pull start? and i don't think i want to keep the pull start on because then the one way bearing will get dirty in there..

No, the pullstart will be fine, starting it with a starter box has no effect whatsoever on the pullstarter.

If you leave the pullstarter intact, how will the one-way get dirty?

idk, oil from the engine.. :shrug:

I searched around and found this thread closest to what I am searching for.

My question is, if a starter box works with a pull start engine, will it work with a roto start engine?
I have a stock .15 on my RS4 3 Evo and was thinking of investing in a starter box butalso want to keep the roto start.

What would be a good starter box to use on my stock RS4 3 Evo that will allow me to use a rechargable battery pack or use a 12 volt car battery??

Would this be a good choice? Ofna Starter Box

yes you can leave the roto start it wont harm it and itll be there if you need it incase you starter box dies or craps out on you youll still have a way to start your engine.

The ofna starter boxes a nice.