Started the build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZANDOR said:
Did you wire your motors in a searies or in paralell(SP)!

I went with parallel, after reading tons of threads... Remember to wire "one" of the motors backwards.. Pos to Neg, & Neg to Pos... You can safely reverse the wires on a Lathe motor with 0 degree timing.

Cool cool...
Did you get the same ESC i did???Duel battery set up.. or did you solder your batts in??

ZANDOR said:
Cool cool...
Did you get the same ESC i did???Duel battery set up.. or did you solder your batts in??

I also got the Novak XR SuperDuty. I opted to run one battery to keep the weight down. In the paperwork, it explains how to jump out the batt. wires to run a single battery. I used a Deans Ultra plug for the battery connection, everything else is hard wired. Remember to solder the caps on the motors also... Very important..

DSC01415.JPG

DSC01420.JPG

why do you need to solder the capacitors on?
doesn't the speed control regulate the voltage correctly?
I would think w/ a bad ass ESC like that you wouldn't need motor mods for them.....are they not really designed fo rthis application?
you guys are making me sooo want one of these but I can see myself in Florida (Flatter than a pre-teen) building this, crawling onto my couch and parking it there for a few days before selling it at half the cost....lol.....I need to get out of the lowlands....

Plaidfish said:
why do you need to solder the capacitors on?
doesn't the speed control regulate the voltage correctly?
I would think w/ a bad ass ESC like that you wouldn't need motor mods for them.....are they not really designed fo rthis application?
you guys are making me sooo want one of these but I can see myself in Florida (Flatter than a pre-teen) building this, crawling onto my couch and parking it there for a few days before selling it at half the cost....lol.....I need to get out of the lowlands....

I think it's more or less for interference purposes.. The caps come with the ESC.

Here are a few quick pics with the ass on it!
crawler_007.jpg

crawler_006.jpg

Looks good B. Tons of articulation. I'm anxious to see how it works on real rock. I'd also like to see some comparo pics between your chassis and the one Imbroken is building. They're both sweet setups. Totally jealous here!

NICE Z......... Are you all wired up and crawlin? I'm just waiting on a servo splitter Y harness... I originally ordered a servo reverser.. Oh well..
Looks great bro... Now if we can get NCNitro to finish his...

ImBroken said:
NICE Z......... Are you all wired up and crawlin? I'm just waiting on a servo splitter Y harness... I originally ordered a servo reverser.. Oh well..
Looks great bro... Now if we can get NCNitro to finish his...

Nop not yet! I still need to pick up a y myself.and steering linkage for the rear steering...After that I just need to do the wiring..
Can I ship it to you LOL :jk:

NC I should have thoese parts for you in a week :)

Last edited:
You crawler guys make me sick with envy. Nice rigs!!!

sweetdiesel said:
You crawler guys make me sick with envy. Nice rigs!!!

SD we are just building these. Just to suck you in Bro...... :jk:

Now get buying parts!

Here is a pic just to show how much articulation(SP)
and hight it can get. Thats a 16oz can under the tire.With plenty of room to spare..
With a few chassie adjustments it will beable to go 90degrees with out a problem :)
crawler1.jpg

Have you guys considered using independent steering instead of a y adapter? If you have a 3ch radio it's easy to do. It's a little more to think about when your driving but you get unbelievable control of your truck. It will get you places the regular 4ws can't.

You using a stick transmitter for flying?

Please explain?

Here is the link I got the info from. Very easy to do, just make sure the switch you use is a 3 position switch...on off on. Also for the switch, size does matter,...If it's to big you won't be able to put it back together. I actually forgot to put the resistors but it works great without them so far. If I start having trouble I'll open it back up and put them.

http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3222

I see what your are talking about now.

Tons more crawler info over there. We need to catch-up.

Back