Squeaky Hinge Pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
How has anyone here addressed noisy suspension arms & Hinge pins?
I've got an almost new Tekno EB48 2.1 and when the suspension is compressed a squeaky sound is produced somewhere in the pill/hinge pin/suspension arms.
I'm thinking the right lubricant will quiet this area down.
What is the best lube to use for this application?

Graphite would be the best. Using any liquid lube especially the hinges pins attracts dirt. You would be constantly cleaning them i you used any liquid lube. .

Last edited:
Oh man, I've since moved away to another brand that uses captured hinge pins and I've totally forgot about that annoying squeak, ha!

I agree that graphite powder used for lubricating pinewood derby axles would be an excellent option:
https://www.amazon.com/Pinewood-Derby-Graphite-Moly-additive/dp/B001FB3Y6U/

I polished my axles with furniture polish every time I did a rebuild of my TEKNO cars and that worked well for me, I also used the same furniture polish to spray the entire car and blow dry with an air compressor, I buy this stuff by the case because I use it frequently on all my cars, it rejuvenates the plastic making it look like new and repels dirt better than any other product I've tested to date:
https://www.amazon.com/Favor-Aerosol-9-7-Ounce-Pack/dp/B00AR8OK38

Thanks a lot for the feedback @Tunedfrog & @bill_delong.
I didn't think about graphite, but that is a great idea.
furniture polish? Another solution that wasn't on my radar.

You're awesome. Thanks again.

Seems fine for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lol
& @nino

Yeah, guys. I get that entirely. Maybe it doesn't really matter.
I am still going to try and eliminate the noise. Hopefully graphite or whatever I end up using isn't something that will need to be applied too often.

Yea
Since we are talking about a race kit, I only had 1 race kit before, which is my B74. Haven't noticed any squeaky suspension.. But I did with my Slash. Maybe it was because it is just old and needed a rebuild. Although, slash uses a screw type hinge pin. Not like a normal pin with e clips, or a normal pin secured by pill inserts.

On my B74, I noticed that the arms don't move freely when nothing is attached. Wondering if that could be the washers between the hinge pin and pill insert. Idk.

Back