Sorting out parts :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK5310

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I sat down last night determined to make some sort of order in the boxes of RC bits in the shed.
How long could it possibly take I thought.

3 hours later & I'd barely scratched the surface LOL, 3 big boxes of parts in no order whatsoever became 1 box of parts bagged, tagged & sorted & 2 boxes of stuff just as jumbled as before.
I'm hoping to put together a box of spares to take out bashing with pretty much a complete revo in bits & sort the rest for if/when I need it.
That dream is a long way off.

It's gonna take like 4 nights to get this sh|t to the point that I can find what I'm after without dumping it all on the floor & scratching through it.

Should just left it.

so find all the parts for the different cars you have, sort them into piles and then put them in according boxes, if you dont know which car the part is for just compare it to all the parts you have

A tedious, time consuming, PITA for sure but the end result is worth it IMO.
After sorting out all my stuff I realized I had enough parts to build one complete RTR
Tmaxx, one Tmaxx roller, one complete RTR 1/8 buggy, and a 1/8 buggy roller.
Building them was fun and I'm looking to sell them for extra cash to buy
even more parts:hehe:

That's the wierd thing, I've only got Revo parts!
Where the hell did it all come from? - I don't remember buying 1/2 the stuff in those boxes.

I did put together another revo 3.3 out of spares, just needs a steering servo - that's for my eldest.

Where the hell did it all come from? - I don't remember buying 1/2 the stuff in those boxes.

I ask myself the same question all the time. When did I buy such and such, and why in the hell did I buy such and such?
I'm guessing most of the unexplainable parts came off of used rigs I bought and refurbished along with some dumb purchases on my part.

I got all my parts sorted in labeled 1 gal. ziplock bags.
Makes finding things a breeze. I have a transmission bag, engine bag, suspension bag, electronics, etc. Its worked out well so far.

What happens to me at times, is I'll buy a part, only to find out later I already had a new one.