So I been out for awhile...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How many of you guys have picked up the losi crawler? I ask cause I'm getting one and wondering what to expect besides bad cvd's

How many of you guys have picked up the losi crawler? I ask cause I'm getting one and wondering what to expect besides bad cvd's

Other then re greasing the diff gears and making sure all the screws and set screws are loctited , people are also hooking a drill up to the axles after re greasing them to help break in the worm drive gears. Also there should be no grease on the transmission gears it causes problems with the dig not shifting right...

This is his description. Sounds like I got out of lubing lol.

Got a brand new losi 2.2 comp crawler for sale.

Packaging is gone but comes with evrything you would find in the package.
Body is still unpainted. Front tires have softer than stock foamd, rear is stock foams. I took axles and tranny apart and lubed them well with mobile 1 synthetic grease.
It will also come with a brand new in package traxxas titan 21 turn motor. People seem to have luck running this motor in it. you would still need a pinion. Also included is a holmes hobbies 1300 mah 2 cell lipo.

Last edited:
I was talking with Johny at the comp on Saturday and he had lubed the tranny and it was causing him problems so he had to take the tranny completely apart and remove all og the grease, and now it works fine...

so i went ahead and placed a order with tower that looks a lil something like this...

Castle Creations 1/10 Sidewinder Sport ESC 1 $76.99
Hobbico CS-170 Std Digital Ultra Torq 2BB TG Servo U 1 $89.99 <<<<333 oz!!!! @ 6V
Hitec HS-225MG Mighty Mini BB MG Servo U 1 $23.99
Castle Creations CC BEC 10A Switching Regulator 1 $21.99
Castle Creations Castle Link Programming Kit 1 $21.99
$25 Promotional Discount 1 -$25.00

Also picked these up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150353976215

Last edited:
Looks good to me, now you just got sit around and play the waiting game.

should be sweet brandon! glad you listened lol.

Ya. Thanks to Curtis and Lloyd for helpin me out a lot! I must say I have met more friends and better people on this forum than any other internet source. RCNT Rocks!

Got some of the toys today :D :D Now I just need the crawler and lipo's lol (also in the mail)

2wf6buq.jpg

Sweet, you can program tour ESC and ur BEC if you want, I set my BEC to 6.1 volts..

I was thinkin about it. What should I set the esc for? I will be running the 3S with a titan motor. Do i connect the bec to the esc?

ya disconnect the esc bec. set it for brushed. forward-brake-reverse.100% drag brake. 100% reverse (atleast i do). if its the newest castle software you can do auto lipo and set the cutoff voltage too! so like 3.1 or 3.2, i have mine at 3.2.

ya disconnect the esc bec. set it for brushed. forward-brake-reverse.100% drag brake. 100% reverse (atleast i do). if its the newest castle software you can do auto lipo and set the cutoff voltage too! so like 3.1 or 3.2, i have mine at 3.2.

For a 3s??

ya, auto lipo set to 3.1 or 3.2v, thats for each cell. but if your just gonna run 3s then just set it for 3s instead but the auto lipo with voltage changing is cool imo.

ya, auto lipo set to 3.1 or 3.2v, thats for each cell. but if your just gonna run 3s then just set it for 3s instead but the auto lipo with voltage changing is cool imo.

Do I have to have the sidewinder hooked up to a battery to program it?

EDIT: Answered my own question... lol

What do you set the regular brake at?

Last edited: