SNG's mini truck...laid out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well I've been wanting to do a 2wd, slammed, build for a while now but just never get to it, but now I have nothing going on so Ima start.

1st Gen Toyota hardbody.
Straight axle rear
A-Arm front.
19's or 22's (1.9 or 2.2)
Laid on the ground of course.

Pics to come later this week. Waiting on the body right now.

Nissan made the hardbody, just sayin'
peepwall.gif
:hehe:

Lol yeah yeah yeah...You know what I'm getting at though lol.

Sure wish someone other than Tyco would have done a Nissan hardbody-hardbody, lol.

Lol yeah yeah yeah...You know what I'm getting at though lol.

Sure wish someone other than Tyco would have done a Nissan hardbody-hardbody, lol.

LOL We used to have a store in my hometown that took all the Wal Mart return / refurb stuff and sold it super cheap, it was called Bud's. They had tons of those Tyco Turbo Bandits all the time when I was in high school, for like $8 each including pack / charger / radio. Needless to say, we did all kinds of stupid things with them as they were pretty much disposable at that price.

Looking forward to seeing your project build Lloyd, the late 80's early 90's yotas make awesome mini trucks for sure.

Got my lid. Gonna start on it this week...Heres some plans...

001-1888.jpg

002-2287.jpg

003-176.jpg

004-159.jpg

Can't wait to see it finished! I have been looking for a 1:1 to build a lowrider I wished I could get my hands on a Toyota Stout to build. Check out this thing Lloyd it even has an LS1 under the hood.

Attachments

• 1004mt_02_+1967_toyota_stout+front_right_view.jpg
    1004mt_02_+1967_toyota_stout+front_right_view.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Good luck getting a Stout. Would be too cool. If I ever actually am able to build a 1:1, bagged, body dropped, c sectioned, ect. I think Id do a hardbody, or a full size chevy.

Crappy pic but I've got the tailgate/back end coming along nicely.

All shaved and the roll pan is mostly done. Still need to do more sanding and some more filling but this is a progress pic.

Now
2011-11-14143416.jpg

Stock

002-2287.jpg

That body style looks really familiar lol. Lookin good man.

Thanks guys! Need to sort out what I'm going to do for tail lights before I get very much farther.

Lots of guys run them in the roll pan but I think I'll prolly do some small slanted lenses towards the top of the gate...Also my inset license plate box.

Coming along nicely Lloyd. Just wondering what your going run for a chassis under it.

^^^Prolly home done delrin. Or maybe steel flat.

Wow...that's got to be the ugliest truck I've ever seen.
attachment.jpg

Nice work so far Lloyd. Keep the pics coming.

No no, like a real chassis, but either I'll cut both frame rails out of delrin or use flat steel, like 1/2" wide or so.

Prolly no on the c channel. Just have to see how it works out.

All my custom frames are brass, either hollow or solid or a combination of both. Very strong and almost inseparable with silver solder. Easy to get in any hobby shop or art supply store.

Back