SNG Axial

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeP

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Messing around tonight and fitted Lloyds SNG chassis pates up with a regular EEM Skid. Thought I'd post it up here and s what you guys thought.

Set it up in full droop with the stock shocks. It's got a 2 3/4 belly clearance right now. I'm also gonna try with some big bore shocks later after I see how this goes.

Still want to shorten the front links a bit to rotate the front axle back I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm gonna take it out Sunday and see how it does.

DSCN2286.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN2284.jpg

Looks like it will work well! I just ordered one today for my Bully :D

looks like thats the only spot you will be able to mount the shocks without spacing them out.

Looks sweet Joe, be interesting to see how well it crawls in a shafty set up...

Looks like it will work well! I just ordered one today for my Bully :D

looks like thats the only spot you will be able to mount the shocks without spacing them out.

Yeah, I might be able to move back 1 more hole on the shocks, I'd have to try it and see. I'm not too worried about it because I don't like to lay the shocks back too much, I usually run the first or second position anyway.

BTW Congrats on the chassis I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

Looks sweet Joe, be interesting to see how well it crawls in a shafty set up...

Yeah it will be, most MOA chassis don't really do so well as shafties IMO. I've tried on a couple of others and getting the upper links, shock geometry & ride height to mesh up is a mess.

Very nice JoeP! I think it will do great personally...

Very nice JoeP! I think it will do great personally...

I think it will too, you really nailed it on this one!

I played around with it a bit at the shop and it was looking pretty good. Little to no twist or roll, back end was really stout-couldn't get the rear axle to walk forward holding down the fronts. I have pretty high expectations of it.

Cool, well let us know how she does tomorrow!

Also, what rims are those Joe?

He can prolly just flip em over so its just a rod end at the top and then it would prolly mount on any, or on the outside without spacing too.

Cool, well let us know how she does tomorrow!

Also, what rims are those Joe?

Those wheels are these same wheels...

WK-050S---RockCrusherChassisforC-2.jpg
[/IMG]

when I run em I use the solid covers. The 3 screws in the center ar to hold on a steel weight that mounts on the inside.

Turning the shocks is a great idea but I like em the way they are so far.

So I took it out today...

I broke the right front CVD pretty much right out of the gate. I didn't have any parts to fix it so I didn't get to much running in.

When I got home I fixed it and ran it at the house a while. I've got a small course set up there. It does look pretty good so far.

Normally I run pretty heavy wheels (18 oz fronts and 16 rear) and I like a low belly clearance around 2" with my shocks in full droop. I can get anywhere I can with a 3inch standard belly height but I rub the belly alot at 2in.

With a stock chassis and this same suspension I have on this rig the weight of the wheels can make the rig "flop" in some places. Like when I start pulling alot of articulation, if I suddenly reverse my articulation or if I start to roll and try to reverse quick. It can get me hung up badly if I'm not careful with the stock chassis twisted pretty hard. This chassis it is much more controlled. A couple of times I rolled it in some ruts. I was actually able to turn the truck back over after a roll by getting it pinned in between some rocks and using the steering and throttle. It was really cool because the chassis let me control the entire truck and was very predictable when I was doing this.

That sucks you broke down, glad you got to run it at home though, and it sounds like your getting great results on the ol' shafty!

Sounds like you might be able to market it as a shafty chassis too.

Good to hear. can't wait to get mine and try it out haha.

That sucks you broke down, glad you got to run it at home though, and it sounds like your getting great results on the ol' shafty!

Yeah that's always the way $10 of parts that should have been in my bag and no on the shelf in the shop...LOL!

You guys will probably laugh at me, but despite all of its draw backs that rig is probably still my favorite one in the fleet.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Sounds like you might be able to market it as a shafty chassis too.

Yeah, it would be pretty cheap too as a shafty kit. Basically just the chassis plates and a DRT skidplate. Everything else you can carry over from the Axial.

But I want to drive it a bit more & under some tougher conditions...

Yeah that's always the way, $10 of parts that should have been in my bag and not on the shelf in the shop...LOL!

Better set up a course at the shop then! :hehe:

I thought about doing that his past spring. There is a section in the lot where I wanted to set up a course, and opn it up for crawling to the public on Saturdays maybe. It could be really nice. Just fell short of time and money.

Heck ya! And do a 75% mark up on in store parts those days :hehe:

Back