Shock / Diff oil and greases collections?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Am I weird? Or do you gots the same thing?
Heres mine
Or is it just racer things?

PXL_20240219_021826093.jpg

PXL_20240219_021829688.MP.jpg

PXL_20240219_022045530.jpg

I have a few. I don't run mine often so no need to stock up.
Yea I mostly got all of these oils as I was getting more into tuning for the carpet track last summer. But since they closed up, very fast and basically unannounced, I have all these thicker oils that I really don't need. I am mostly running indoor clay now, and in the summer I might be trying outdoor dirt which those conditions with setups, are usually lower weight oils, but not by much. I ran my base carpet setup on a clay track minus sway bars, springs and ride height,
Reminds me I should get a new sway bar kit. The kit ones my car came with, I somehow bent them. The ones I have now are way too thick. Sometimes I would traction roll, but i have no clue if it is due to thick sway bars or too much compound on the tires.

The compound you're using is there strongest one. How strong a compound you use depends on the track conditions. Like how warm it is and how much compound is being put down by other drivers. I will usually have to go lighter as the day goes on. For reference I have the same compound in yellow, yellow/green, green and blue. They also make a pink, haven't tried that yet. You can also glue your front sidewalls to stiffen them up.

The compound you're using is there strongest one. How strong a compound you use depends on the track conditions. Like how warm it is and how much compound is being put down by other drivers. I will usually have to go lighter as the day goes on. For reference I have the same compound in yellow, yellow/green, green and blue. They also make a pink, haven't tried that yet. You can also glue your front sidewalls to stiffen them up.
Nice. Yea a couple of races I been to, just using that compound, I seen to traction roll alot later into the night. Especially Q3 and Main. Might get another bottle and experiment around. 40 degrees outside today, should be a little bit chilly in there. She keeps the heat low to keep costs down which I can understand.

You can also try not putting compound on the entire front tires. Leave the outer edges dry on the front tires, it will help them slide a little.

Back