Share Your Opinion Please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrofan

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Okay guys I'm gonna make this simple, I'm debating on three 2wd SC trucks to buy for racing: Associated SC10/Losi XXX-SCT/HPI Blitz. Now I know everyone has their preferences and may or may not be biased because they're an AE or Losi fan but I don't care just tell me what you like, don't like, have witnessed at your track, have heard about and or anything that you think would assist me in making a decision. Let those opinions go! THANKS.:D

Geeze what a dud of a thread...oh well much love y'all much love.

I have a XXX-SCT, and a Blitz, they both handle about the same.

had a 2wd slash for a while, just got the TA SC10. RTR with the reedy bl motor.

so far so great. nice truck. nice setup. well established platform. very capible racer out of the box, but can be fully upgraded. maybe not the BEST basher, but thats mostly what i do atm, but i am going to informally race with friends and in the hotel lots when I'm out of town for work, which is pretty much every week.

a few of my buddys have ran a few of the models, and the majority of them are settling in on the SC10 2wd if that says anything.

the new SC10 4WD is the 2011 inovative rc of the year on RCDriver i think if that counts for anything as well.

So far i like it.
the TA rim setup is a bit of a bitch, but Pro Line make an adapter to run 12mm hexes, so that opens the market basically.

Geeze what a dud of a thread...oh well much love y'all much love.

Give it time for proper responses lol not alot of SCT guys, I have the Losi XXX-SCT and love it to death. Dropped a CC Brushless into it and now it screams but at the same time still handles great! Thats my .02

I hear the Blitz is still pretty close to the top choice for 2WD guys.....we have a good mix locally, but I see a lot of Blitz' towards the front. I personally have a 2WD Slash and love it. I bought it a few years ago and raced it in the Spec class (when all we had were spec Slashes anyway). It's now become my son's bashing rig since I moved to the 4WD SCT class now...

just got the TA SC10 2wd RTR with the 3300Reedy.
very nice rig. 269.00 they just released the FT RS version as well in the 4x4 and i think the 2wd as well. the 4wd was 329.

betwen the ones you like, id go with the TA

I hear the Blitz is still pretty close to the top choice for 2WD guys.....we have a good mix locally, but I see a lot of Blitz' towards the front. I personally have a 2WD Slash and love it. I bought it a few years ago and raced it in the Spec class (when all we had were spec Slashes anyway). It's now become my son's bashing rig since I moved to the 4WD SCT class now...

Not so sure about that. In my area, Blitz trucks are being dumped left and right for XXX-SCTs and SC10s. My son wants a XXX-SCT, and we can't even trade off my other Blitz for him.

I love my slash with the cc SV2 esc. and 4pole 57oo kv motor. wont get rid of it at all and my son has a brushed version that will be converted here shortly so it will be more interesting races. I want to try a 4wd slash so bad... I just have to be able to buy 2 at the same time one for me and one for the boy.. good luck picking!!! the slash is a great basher!!! and racer with a couple small upgades!!!!