Share Your Breakage Stories

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alexisdabest1

hi this is just a post for enerybody to share the things they broke and how

I saw a run away buggy today at my local racing track, it went under the fence around the track went through a feild and after about 150 metres to wind up, ended hitting a table lodged to the ground, all that happened was one of the front a arms split at the seem were the metal bar goes through. 20 mins and some glue later he was out racing again.

Smacked a curb full out with my first stadium truck when someones kid ran out in front of it, and I didn't want to hit him. I had it pinned, probably 40mph or so, broke the aluminum chassis into two pieces clean.

Lost a heli behind a tree for a split second flying my first circuits. Put it into the gravel driveway from about 20 feet up, trying to save it the whole way.

Rotor head
Pitch control link
Blades
Main Gear
Main shaft
Feathering shaft
Spindle
Landing gear
Tail boom
Tail rotor

Eeees a big list, huh? :whhooo::hehe:

lol I've heard that helis can be expensive :D

RC helis are one of the greatest, and WORST things ever to be invented all rolled into one big extremely complicated, finicky about setup ball 'o wax. If you ever hear a large scale RC heli spool up, you'll do one of two things. Run out and start researching what to buy to start learning, or run as far away as possible on the off chance I'm at the controls. I was hooked instantly, I'm a junkie, they need a 12 heli program for this crap. :D

I have a Losi 8E that had a battery explode during practice, one day. Melted the body, the center diff front bulkhead, the radio box, and scorched the chassis...this was last summer and I'm still working on getting back to fighting shape.

Day two with my brand new Losi Speed-NT. Broken it, wanted to play. Couldn't find a good jump, except for a snowbank on the end on my driveway. Got lined up, took off slow for traction, got up to roughly 40mph, hit the snowbank perfect. One exception. There was a small rut that I didn't see, it threw it to the side a little, and there was no recovery. Launched into a tree and hit top first, snapped the carburetor at the throat.

About a month after my buddy picked up his 4908 Maxx, he went pretty wild with upgrades. Red dot, aluminum bulks, integy shock towers(he didn't know about integy), ect... After he installed everything and had the engine running decent, he called all the guys over to check out his new super truck. I slapped my beat up 2.5 Maxx down to play around with him, and to show the other guys what can be accomplished with all the aftermarket parts available. They all had been involved in rc's in the 90's, but had no idea how far the hobby has come. Anyways, he fired the beast up and took off. Too bad he didn't know to add locktite when he put all his new, pretty aluminum parts together. After about 5 minutes, his $900 investment was without the rear shock tower, skid plate and the engine actually came off of the chassis, mount and all. All at the same time! All the while, my $150 '03 Maxx hit jump after jump without a care. He still doesn't like to talk about it. Then he put it back together with red locktite. But that's a whole other story...:)

That's about it. His truck just started pulling real hard to the right, from everything coming loose. When he realized there was a problem and started steering 'er home, the engine started flopping around and the rear end dropped. Reminded me of the Blues Brothers car a little.:) Only thing that held the engine on was the exhaust and carb linkage.

Ran my brushless Rc18t into a curb at 30-35ish head on trying to shoot a gap. Broke my servo saver.

was running my 1/16th e-revo with dual batts in series and I was at full speed on a flat road when i hit a little pebble in the road and the truck started tumbling at like 45 mph and did cartwheels for like 300 ft down the road and finally stopped. I ran as fast as I could to it and noticed that two things broke, a hub and an a-arm, i was in shock on how tough the little booger was! A day later it was fixed, i hit a jump and my wheelie bar bends up and cracks my bulkhead = (, just my luck this was like the week i got last year in november

I want to hear the "whole other story"!

I mis-read ya Alien. The whole other story is us, yielding 2 soldering irons, heating each skidplate and engine mount bolt for 5 minutes to free them up.:) Melting locktite gets pretty stinky after a while.:)

went to the quarry today for a good bashing and my body is trashed. i might just run a half cab. the box is just hanging there my a thread. and broke the front bulkhead when i launched it off of the 10ft high sandpile and it landed nose first. and it was a total blast.

would like to see breakage pics if anybody has any please

No exact breakage but my inferno 7.5 ran away from me the other day and hit a tree full throttle. It did 4 or 5 flips and cracked a 2" branch while in the air. Surprisingly I only put a 10 degree fold(approx) in the chassis, cracked the front bumper, bent the hell out of a front driveshaft, and while the car was upside down it completely stripped the spur gear since the engine jarred during the impact. No front diff damage or shock or a-arm damage besides a slight tweak in the front shock tower. I found a Kanai 2 rolling chassis that I picked up for about 75 bucks that has all the parts that I need. I'm also buying a new radio. This is the second time it ran off on me and it was no further than 50 ft. from me when it took off either.

No exact breakage but my inferno 7.5 ran away from me the other day and hit a tree full throttle. It did 4 or 5 flips and cracked a 2" branch while in the air. Surprisingly I only put a 10 degree fold(approx) in the chassis, cracked the front bumper, bent the hell out of a front driveshaft, and while the car was upside down it completely stripped the spur gear since the engine jarred during the impact. No front diff damage or shock or a-arm damage besides a slight tweak in the front shock tower. I found a Kanai 2 rolling chassis that I picked up for about 75 bucks that has all the parts that I need. I'm also buying a new radio. This is the second time it ran off on me and it was no further than 50 ft. from me when it took off either.

unlucky, my car ran away a few days ago, went straight through my mums new fence and hit a concrete wall, like you i just got a bend in the chassis, a table and some muscle and it was all sorted