SH .28 or STS .28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tam13

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was recently going to buy an SH .28 but I've been hearing that the con rods on these are always breaking. while searching i cam across the STS .28. i have heard nothing but good things about this engine. i also hear that it is a little more powerful and faster than the SH .28. which engine would be better for a savage .25?

Link to the STS? I have been told that for every 100 people that get a good engine get one with the messed up conrod. I have heard excellent things about the S.H .28. I personally do not own one.

Iown the STS 28 and its a monster!!!. The conrod issue is related to the SH 28, not the STS.

Between these two choices of motors, go with the STS 28. You will like it!!!

1 Bad STi said:
Absolutely no problems w/ my SH 28. Couldnt have asked for more.

yeah, no doubt in my mind they are good motors, however, there is an issue (as mentioned above) for quite sometime about the conrods being weak in a batch of SH 28. I'm glad yours is holding up.

I did decide on the STS 28 because the conrod is constructed of 7075 alum.

Both motors are powerful...and a great value.

Part of that problem is breaking in the motor in an incorrect manor. It needs proper heat cycling and at least 10 tanks of break-in.

As for the STS. dont know much about it. I've had great luck w/ the Sh/xtm/mach motors in my MT"s , so this was a good choice to step up to.

cheeres,

STi

Actually, i wouldnt mind having both mills in my arsenol. I may buy one if I sell the S-25.

Here is a pic i found of a thrown conrod....pretty nasty.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30162&highlight=sh+28+conrod

I would say that both motors have plenty of punch for the price. Its hard seeing myself spending $300+ on one of those high dollar engines. From what I hear from many people that the SH and STS can keep up with them. Id sure like to see for myself.

i Wuld Get The Sh .28 if I Was You i Seen It For Only 120$