Servo with a mind of it's own.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileyRacing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I went out run the Maxx for a while tonight and the throttle servo was acting strange. Everytime I let off the brakes the truck would go to full throttle for a second, and also full throttle intermittently. Would this happen if the servo was on it's way out? I have a fairly new RX that hasn't seen any water or moisture.

I've:
changed crystals and it still happened
put my crystals in my son's Maxx and it wasn't happening
swapped TXs and it still happend

I don't have any spare good servos to test, and before I go out and buy one I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone on here before.

Thanks in advance for the help.

check the batteries or the servo might be going out.

tyler

Radio interference, low batts, water in the servo, try swithing servos from your son's truck. and see if it still happens

Any chance your running an Ofna failsafe? I have heard there have been issues with those failsafes and glitching..

The battery pack is freshly charged.

Can pretty much eliminate interference because neither of the other two trucks are having any issues, even with my crystal in them.

This servo hasn't been near any water lately, and has been working fine for months since it has been near any, but today was a very humid day here.

I am running the OFNA micro failsafe, I'll try removing that first and see what happens.

ImBroken said:
Any chance your running an Ofna failsafe? I have heard there have been issues with those failsafes and glitching..

I got 2 and they both work as they should.

Buncrana said:

I got 2 and they both work as they should.

Yeah, personally I never had a problem either, but I read quite a few people did experience glitching and they soon changed them out... :shrug:

I recently experianced the FS issue. I'm pretty sure I got the servo wet. I haven't taken it apart yet though. With the FS, the servo would slow climb to WOT and only move a little bit when I applied the brake. I took out the failsafe and it still did it, but for some reason, not as bad.

I replaced the servo with a new one and it's fine. I put the same FS back in and it's still good.

From what I could tell, the FS just made the servo react worse, but the servo was bad either way.

Back