SCX24 - Deadbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that's cool, haha you should do a CoE semi tractor on it, I'd love to see that!!

I used to own a 65 stang, I miss her, and would crack up to see that body on a Blazer!

Unlucky for me I've only found 2 lexan bodies for my 6, the factory Rubicon, and some offbrand Blazer looking International lid, may have to invest into 1/5 hard bodies for the time being...
Yeah, give it time. I am sure the guys at Pro-Line are working on a couple. I would like to see a Raptor body that scale, but it would have to be the crew cab I am guessing.

Yeah, give it time. I am sure the guys at Pro-Line are working on a couple. I would like to see a Raptor body that scale, but it would have to be the crew cab I am guessing.
Must go faster, I'm patient until it's something RC related!

Must go faster, I'm patient until it's something RC related!
Yeah, I know what you mean. Trying to modify an RC and having to wait for stuff to become available sucks. But, it is an SCX. The aftermarket is going to explode for it.

Modeled up a bull bar in place of the front bumper.
20220327_103943.jpg
20220327_103900.jpg

20220327_103849.jpg

Redoing the design a bit to get the rear of the bull bar to match the angle of the front of the van. Reprinting now while I work on the front body mount.

What if you add headlight protection?
I thought about it, and may do it, but for now I think I want to stick with just the bull bar. My uncle had one like this on his old Blazer that I helped him make, so I kinda made this look like that for that reason.

Here is the chassis design so far.
Dadbox Chassis.png

Last edited:
Got the front body mount done, which will use magnets, and soaking the chrome pieces I will be using in Super Clean to strip the chrome. Planning on dying them black, and the body red, but the body will likely get red paint anyway.

The body mount that glues to the underside of the van's hood will be glued in with Shoe Goo. The holes in it are meant to hold onto the glue really well.
20220328_230938.jpg

20220328_230959.jpg

This build is surprisingly easy, but I have reprinted the bull bar 4 times, reprinted the lower mount 3 times, and readjusted the point where the rear mount is stuck on 5 times 😜

Practice makes perfect! ;)
Oh, believe me. It's perfect meow 🐈

I can pick it up by the body, and it holds firm. But it opens so easily now with no body clips. Pretty proud of this one. She's about ready for paint. Still need to order the decals.

Got the grille and rear bumper dechromed, and the grille has been prepped for a special feature that I believe @Xraycer suggested many months ago.
20220329_090251.jpg

Aww hell, who am I kidding? I can't keep a secret. MINIGUNS!
20220329_092647.jpg

Last edited:
Got the grille and rear bumper dechromed, and the grille has been prepped for a special feature that I believe @Xraycer suggested many months ago.
View attachment 144555
Hmm I can't recall. 🤔

....but, I'm getting older and more forgetful, so....what are we talking about again?
Aww hell, who am I kidding? I can't keep a secret. MINIGUNS!
View attachment 144556
Oh, of it's about guns, it's certainly me! I recommend guns to just about everything 😁

Hmm I can't recall. 🤔

....but, I'm getting older and more forgetful, so....what are we talking about again?

Oh, of it's about guns, it's certainly me! I recommend guns to just about everything 😁
Yeah, you suggested them when I printed the Deadpool head. Guns and swords. Not doing swords, since he is driving, but guns we can do.

Ooo, how about a big ass harpoon cannon on top of the van?! 😱
It has to fit through the little arch on our diorama 😉

Little better preview...
20220329_094054.jpg

Body mounts turned out sweet
20220329_094614.jpg

Back