SCX24 - Deadbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Just starting this thread to show the plans for the next build we are starting. This will be a conversion to our Deadbolt. This is also sort of a shopping list :D

Parts on-hand so far:
SCX24 Deadbolt
Carbon chassis rails
AMT 1/25 Van Body
Treal red steering link set
Treal +5mm wheel hubs
RC4WD Mudslingers or Little Guy Racing Trail Kings (pictured below)
RC4WD black stamped steel wheels, mounted reversed
Deadpool interior from Deadbolt (yeah, cutting the Deadbolt up)

Parts needed:
Decal sheet
3d printed body mount set (in design stage)
3d printed front bull bar
3d printed accessories
Furitek Stinger brushless motor/ESC combo
3d printed mounts for ESC and battery
Treal red high clearance links
Treal driveshafts
Treal steering knuckles
Treal brass front diff cover
Red wheel lugs

Sneak peek:
71rDnP3OAnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
20220217_121101.jpg

20220217_121107.jpg

Working on a decal sheet. Any suggestions for other decals? I am sure @Xraycer and @Doom! can come up with some clever ideas. Most of the duplicates in this will just be so I have replacements. But I will probably have a couple of these printed anyway, so what else can I do here?
BRC.png

Last edited:
wow , thats insane, love the Van body

Vanessas Lunch Box and Kyosho Mad Van, and one 24 van is a must LOL

I will buy this same body and paint my 28 van exactly like this

free-candy.jpg

I'm dead serious

Matte gray roof, and dark wine matte red paint, and white text with pencil FREE CANDY

need small wheels from random little street car.

Maybe i buy one more and build something serious like wicked frog does later.
You nailed that body for 100%

We want more pictures soon wicked frog, this is super sweet stuff

Man, this thing is going to be sweet!

The graphics are great! How about a bumper sticker on the back door: If this van is a rocking, don't come a knocking!
I thought about that one lol. But Breydon might ask what that means 😉

I'm going to add a couple pine tree air fresheners to hang from a mirror. Will probably print a couple guns for the hood too.

I thought about that one lol. But Breydon might ask what that means 😉

I'm going to add a couple pine tree air fresheners to hang from a mirror. Will probably print a couple guns for the hood too.

YES please

make it total DEADPOOL . IS GOOD please
I like alot

Arrma FIRETEAM is ok, make this more nasty and dangerous please
Minigun top of roof is cool ,
my friend did have actually real 1/1 van with huge gun at roof
i can send picture if you like to see

Should I use the windshield? Or 3d print some window nets? Or I could just add a single vertical brace in the windshield.

this is insane
DEATPOOL okey

keep going on , i love this

if you need real machine gun work on the roof i can send picture from LIVE ROBBERY back in good days
Van with heave machine gun on top , in real robbery scene, the only one picture ever

Looks awesome, I think it would look very cool with a net.

this is real robbery , millions

because the heavy Van with Heavy gun Police did BACK away,
This is pure Money Hardway

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
this is real robbery , millions

because the heavy Van with Heavy gun Police did BACK away,
This is pure Money Hardway
I'm just 3d printing guns on the hood. Not having a guy standing out the top. He has to drive the van 😉
I will buy this same body and paint my 28 van exactly like this

View attachment 144163

I'm dead serious

Matte gray roof, and dark wine matte red paint, and white text with pencil FREE CANDY

need small wheels from random little street car.

Maybe i buy one more and build something serious like wicked frog does later.
You nailed that body for 100%

We want more pictures soon wicked frog, this is super sweet stuff
Creepy 🤔🤪

Haha this is some bull****, y'all getta go out, buy a plastic model and mount it up, haha 😡!! I love the van body too man, did it mount up pretty easy to it?

Keep it goin man, got my attention for sure 👍

Haha this is some bull****, y'all getta go out, buy a plastic model and mount it up, haha 😡!! I love the van body too man, did it mount up pretty easy to it?

Keep it goin man, got my attention for sure 👍
With the rear wheel wells lined up, the front tires are about a quarter of the wheel opening forward. It's perfect 😉

That's what is so cool about these 24's. There are so many bodies you can play around with. I want to do a Nomad one some day too. And a wrecker. And a dually by using the new Gladiator chassis. And I just gotta put a 65 Mustang on one 🤪

There was actually a guy here that had a 65 Stang on a Chevy Blaser chassis with 44" Groundhawgs on it. It made me sick and happy at the same time.

With the rear wheel wells lined up, the front tires are about a quarter of the wheel opening forward. It's perfect 😉

That's what is so cool about these 24's. There are so many bodies you can play around with. I want to do a Nomad one some day too. And a wrecker. And a dually by using the new Gladiator chassis. And I just gotta put a 65 Mustang on one 🤪

There was actually a guy here that had a 65 Stang on a Chevy Blaser chassis with 44" Groundhawgs on it. It made me sick and happy at the same time.
Damn that's cool, haha you should do a CoE semi tractor on it, I'd love to see that!!

I used to own a 65 stang, I miss her, and would crack up to see that body on a Blazer!

Unlucky for me I've only found 2 lexan bodies for my 6, the factory Rubicon, and some offbrand Blazer looking International lid, may have to invest into 1/5 hard bodies for the time being...

Back