Schools started back up.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Every year when school starts up, the wife and I go see a movie the first day of school.
We are going to see Oppenheimer.
Looks like a great movie.

OIP.jpg

I've been wanting to watch this one as well. Let us know what you think!

Every year when school starts up, the wife and I go see a movie the first day of school.
We are going to see Oppenheimer.
Looks like a great movie.

View attachment 170392
Idk what my eyes were doing but at first I saw Indiana Jones.
I'm waiting to see the new Grand Turismo movie, but I checked the show times at our movie theater and theu dont show it on there yet. It comes out Friday

Son seen this last week .said Go it was very good.

I'm waiting to see the new Grand Turismo movie, but I checked the show times at our movie theater and theu dont show it on there yet. It comes out Friday
Just saw it yesterday for Labor Day
Pretty good movie. On my list of favorites right now

List of Fav Movies (not in order):
Grand Turismo
Need For Speed
Ford vs Ferarri
Top Gun (1 and 2)
Hobbs and Shaw (and other Fast n Furious movies in the franchise)
The new Indi 5 (Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny)
BumbleBee (Transformers franchise)
and there is too many to count

As a grumpy, short attention span adult, I havent been a fan of going to the movies, for the past 20 years or so. I sucked it up and took my kids when they were very young, but nowadays.....no thanks!
It's not so much as the movie or the setting, but rather a good portion of the general public.
I've got a 70" TV in my living room and very, very comfortable seattings as well. I've got way less inexpensive eats about 30ft away, and I don't have to deal with sticky floors on my way to get snacks and refreshments. Most of the time 😄

Last edited:
For the same reasons as @Xraycer I don't think I've been to a movie theater for the last ten or fifteen years, can't even think of the last movie I saw at a theater. I think going to a theater is more of a social thing these days.

My wife and I go as often as we can. This last time we went, there was us and two other people in the theater.
The last 3 times we have went, there was nobody but us.
That's the very reason we wait until school starts.
Plus the theater we go to has 9 screens so there is very few people when we go.
They also installed all new electric recliner type seats in the theater.

My wife and I go as often as we can. This last time we went, there was us and two other people in the theater.
The last 3 times we have went, there was nobody but us.
That's the very reason we wait until school starts.
Plus the theater we go to has 9 screens so there is very few people when we go.
They also installed all new electric recliner type seats in the theater.
Our local one has about 12 different theaters. On labor day it was us 3 and another little family of 2. Yea we also have the electric recliners.

There is this one drive in one which I want to go to sometime, it's about 10 miles away from home.

Let's do the math here. How is this even economically sustainable?

Movie theaters are going the way of Drive-ins. I suppose this would be a somewhat good excuse to go to them....before they go extinct.

Back