Savage X TVP CAD

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eartaker

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone have a CAD drawing of the Savage X TVP's?

Well I can't find a CAD or CAM drawing of the TVP's so I went ahead and bit he bullet and drew them out. I only have right TVP done.

well here is what I have created.... helps to have a CNC.

DSCN0595.JPG

DSCN0597.JPG

Ill have pics of it on the truck tomorrow.... its getting late

wow nice now thats what i need

Well here it is on the truck... a little dirty. I just wanted to make sure the TVP will fit and its dead on. I will polish it up a little later. The great thing about this is the stock TVP's are .096" thick and the ones I'm making are .125". need to edit the Right TVP CAD file now to reflect the Left side, and then cut the left side.

DSCN0598.JPG

DSCN0599.JPG

Well I can't find a CAD or CAM drawing of the TVP's so I went ahead and bit he bullet and drew them out. I only have right TVP done.

wow thats nice how thick is it? and i want one.:first_place:

wow thats nice how thick is it? and i want one.:first_place:

.125", like he said.

---------- Post added at 8:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:09 PM ----------

Right here

Well here it is on the truck... a little dirty. I just wanted to make sure the TVP will fit and its dead on. I will polish it up a little later. The great thing about this is the stock TVP's are .096" thick and the ones I'm making are .125". need to edit the Right TVP CAD file now to reflect the Left side, and then cut the left side.

=] Glad you guys like it. I'm about to cut the left one out now. I will post the files up for download on my site here in a bit for anyone who wants them to download.

Well here is the left side... came our really nice. Time to clean them both up a bit.
DSCN0600.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG

Nice work bro! :thumbup: I would go on up o 3/16 material myself.

Did you have to file out the end mill radius on any of the corners?

I know what you mean with the 3/16 but I used 7075 T6 aluminum rather than the normal 6061. I did fill out the radius where the purple plates touch the TVP because the smallest endmill I had to cut them was 3/16" and didn't feel like cutting back into the TVP like the FLM TVP's.

Here are the direct links to the DXF files for the TVP's for whoever wants them....
http://www.eartaker.net/files/LEFT-TVP.DXF
http://www.eartaker.net/files/RIGHT-TVP.DXF

Might have to right click and save as...

I think the next step is the 4 shock mod BUT I plan on making the shocks... What is a the size of the bore of the large shocks? I'm thinking about going with 5/8" - 7/8" bore and a 2"-3" stroke.

Man, that's really cool. I'm always impressed by stuff like this, and the guys that have the talent to do it. I always wanted to learn the machinist trade, just so much you can do with it. And you even gave away the files for free, big props to you for that. That's what makes this place so great.

Thanks,

I have searched everywhere for the files and along the way have seen a few other looking for them as well. No reason not to share them with others. there are plenty of places to go buy TVP's but no where to get the files to make your own. =]

Thanks,

I have searched everywhere for the files and along the way have seen a few other looking for them as well. No reason not to share them with others. there are plenty of places to go buy TVP's but no where to get the files to make your own. =]

Most of the guys that I have seen custom TVPs from, would rather sell the TVPs than share the designs.

Well in order to make a custom TVP you need to first know the mounting position of everything. The base model is where do start.

eartaker i have BB's on my savy. i'll measure em asap and let you know. the pics look awesome!!!! how much would you say you have invested in a set?

BB's? BB to me means big block....???? I'm lost. I have invested $0 in the set. I got the aluminum for free but the cost isn't much if I were to buy it. I plan on making some custom TVPS soon.