RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakai3

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've heard of speeds being in only the 30-35 range for this thing? I figured that that can't be true! It's not really that slow is it?

Can't wait to get it thoughh!

M3 GT! w00t w00t! :spit:

Wait, before I order it, should I consider the NTC3? it's 30 dollars more, and doesn't come with a radio that I really, really love! My tx-2 from my micro kicks ass, for a rtr radio of course. I just thought that with the roto start and stuff, that the Hpi was a better deal! Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance!

The Nitro TC3 shouldn't be over looked. I am a little biased because I do own one (older kit version) but if you will be using this as a parkinglot basher, it's a worthy choice as well.

It is shaft driven so frayed and broken belts will not be an issue. The new RTR Plus has the 2 speed as well as a .15 engine and other added nick knacks that the old RTR did not have. There is a lot of support for this car as well as hop ups. The biggest plus is if you want to try your hand at racing, it's a very capable racer as well.

Don't get me wrong, the RS4-3 is a very capable car as well, but I will only really use a belt driven car on a clean surface, far from belt eating pebbles and debris.

The Evo is shaft driven, and for a basher, I'd say that's a good choice. Unless you're a really good driver, though, it won't be competitive in racing. The top speed is a verified 39.1mph, gearing could bump you above 40.

But, can't the TC3 do 60-70 out of the box?

I too thought that the evo was shaft driven....

The NTC3 can do maybe 45 out of the box, Yokomo GT-4 does about 55. The Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec does 60+ but it's only good in a straight line.

They can make any claim they want, it doesn't mean it's true. Yokomo is a highly rated company and yet they lied about the top speed of the GT-4 RTR. I've read an unbiased review of the Evo, it did 39.1mph exactly.

Top speed is great bragging rights. I have a Schumacher Fusion 21. Geared as it is, it's supposed to hit 70+ mph. There's an 80+ mph optional gearing package as well. I have yet to hit third gear but I have taken it racing. Performed well but my brother's NTC3 beat me because of his gearing, engine and susension set-up. My own NTC3 will beat this schumacher off the line as well. Just putters out when the fusion starts winding up in second gear.

Top speed is great for bragging rights, as I said, but if it can't perform or the person driving it can't even harness that speed, it's worthless.

well maybe. but i have seen a vid from hpi where they claim the 18 ss engine does 63. in the vid they track it with a lasergun and it really does 63.

hpi says it wil hit 45+ in perfect conditions. like weather, temps, humanity, track, etc. these are factors conearning all factory/ compony cars. so have that in mind. when a compony tests a car, it doesn't mean you wil get the same results. they test it many times and wil claim the highest outcome ofcourse.

maybe you can post the site here nitromg3gtr so malakai can read it. the more info for him the better i think

Back