rpm arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSt1x94

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
are the rpm arms a pain in the butt to install?
I figured ud have to transfer all of the components to the new ones,
Is it hard/frustrating?
My mind might not have the capacity to do that.
lol

It's a piece of cake.

You should upgrade to the RPM axle carriers while you're at it.

Very easy. Just read the directions and be sure not to bottom out your pillow balls in the new arms. Only screw them in to the top of the threads.

if your going to be running the RPM axle carriers, your going to want to do the ring mod on the pillow balls or stay stock.

run a search on the ring mod.

the RPM carriers flex more then the stock carriers, this allows the pillow balls to pop out quicker/easier, and you do not want that to happen

not hard at ALL! its the same as all a-arms!

if your going to be running the RPM axle carriers, your going to want to do the ring mod on the pillow balls or stay stock.

run a search on the ring mod.

the RPM carriers flex more then the stock carriers, this allows the pillow balls to pop out quicker/easier, and you do not want that to happen

I never heard of the ring mod... did a search for "RPM ring mod" and didn't come up with anything but this thread and a thread that had a bunch of posts about engine RPM's and modifications.

The ring mod isn't exclusive to the RPM carriers. It can be done on any plastic carrier.

It is basically a copper or steel ring that you glue or press fit onto the carrier where the pillow ball is retained. The ring doesn't let the carrier expand so the ball has a much harder time popping out.

I think on the stock carriers, people use half inch diameter copper tube and slice off little rings.

Try searching the traxxas forum for "carrier ring mod" and see what comes up.

Back