RPM a-arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so I'm getting my rpm a arms and i want to know is it kinda direct bolt in or do i have to buy pins or somthing?

If they are the standard ones, they are direct bolt in. Since they are plastic like stock, you can use stock hinge pins.

However, I'd strongly suggest that you use a nut and bolt on the shock mounts. RPM's plastic is much softer than most and strips easily. It just doesn't break easily. It's a PITA to use nuts/bolts on the shock ends, but you will be glad you did.

They are a direct replacement part. There are no modifications necessary, and no other parts to buy to make them compatible.

what do you mean nut and bolt on the shock mounts. bolt them on the A-Arms or the shock tower. show me a link so i know what bolts to buy. Thanks

He means where the shock attaches to the suspension arm, put a nut on the end of the screw where the screw comes thru the arm.

He means where the shock attaches to the suspension arm, put a nut on the end of the screw where the screw comes thru the arm.

Yep. That's what I was talking about. I don't know off hand the length of screw you need, but you need something long enough to go through the shock ball end and the mounting tab so you have 2-3mm extra to put a locknut on.

huh i have not had any problem with my screws coming out of the bottom arm and i have had the arms for over a year and have removed them and reinstalled them many times

Everyone has different experiences. I know I lost a couple within the first few hard landings. Didn't ruin the arm, but once they were stripped, a bolt/nut was required for certain.

great choice and price

Back