robinson racing gear/wraith.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usv568

RCTalk Champion
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have broken two Robinson racing trans gear. Its in a wraith that has Mmp and a tekin pro4 3300kv. Still retain the original slipper, all the upgrades for running brushless and running a set of pitbulls. So any advice as to not break these gears. I'm going to hookup the castle link and turn it down if I can. But a friend of mine is running the same setup and bashes the hell out of it and hasn't broke one yet.

I gotta wonder if either your slipper is too tight and thats causing your drivetrain to take the abuse instead of the slipper or you have some binding somewhere in the driveline. I run the RR tranny in my SCX's with no slipper and havent broken any gears yet. Snapped plenty of axles but the gears have been fine.

The other mod I have done is the cms kit. But I don't see where that would effect the rear output shaft.

I'm thinking slipper, and I'm going to change out the TX/rx to my spektrum dx3r pro so that way I can set my expos. The stock axial sux, its hard to not feather the power. Also getting underdrive gears for the rear. The setup is in droop, but does not appear to be binding, the links are straight and don't angle up.

A little late for a update, but took some power out of it, les drag brake! Has lived so.far, with minimal wear!

Back