RIP Dave Mirra

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
He was the reason I love BMX so much. He will always be a legend in the sport. Shows that we all have inner demons we can always live with. RIP Dave.

Oh man..I grew up watching that guy and riding street!..how did he go. ...
R I P mirra..yoy are missed

Him and Hoffman were my favorites!

It kind of brings up some of the concussion talk. He has had countless concussions from a very young age. We know it messes a person up and accounts like this might show exactly the long term effects of it. He seemed perfectly happy, even posting pics that same day on social media, he had tremendous talent, success, fame, money and family but still wasn't balanced in his mind.

Wait. ..Matt is gone too?

No Mat is still alive.

Man....I really have been under a rock!

It kind of brings up some of the concussion talk. He has had countless concussions from a very young age. We know it messes a person up and accounts like this might show exactly the long term effects of it. He seemed perfectly happy, even posting pics that same day on social media, he had tremendous talent, success, fame, money and family but still wasn't balanced in his mind.

You know, that's a really good point Lloyd. And as all the action sports have gotten more and more extreme in what they're trying to do to win an X Games medal, or whatever, it's going to be interesting to see how that pans out for the athletes as they age.

They had a name for it, condensed to 3 letters. It's a problem that's caused by getting so physically beaten up so many times. Not sure yet if it involves bodily injuries or just injuries to the head, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of it in the near future since the sport has now been around long enough for these guys to start aging.
I would think we'd have to start seeing it with the UFC fighters, also.

CTE is the term Ralph, Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE),

Pretty much translates to "Constant Brutal Brain Beatings". It's a high price to pay to make it in extreme sports. I've also seen WAY too many videos of kids slamming their heads on concrete sidewalks missing a rail slide on a skateboard.

They're also saying that OJ Simpson more than likely suffers from this and this may be why was accused and was convicted of some of his crimes.

They're also saying that OJ Simpson more than likely suffers from this and this may be why was accused and was convicted of some of his crimes.
Not buying that. He was able to kill, but unable to commit suicide. He's just a cowardly, egotistical murderer and loser.

As we had talked about...They say he had CTE.... LINK

It appears now that Bubba Smith (Hightower from Police Academy) has also been diagnosed with this...

Back