revo upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx_lover

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i have had a tmaxx for mabey 2 years now and i decided to buy a revo 2.5. i was wondering whats the best upgrade for a revo to get first?

foc.

then it depends on what you want it to do, and how much you want to spend.

well i do more bashing then racing and i want to spend up to 300$ for now...

Last edited:
foc, rpm front arms, tekno wing, tekno ext rear arms, and then just upgrade as you break. the revo is pretty tough as it is.

Umm Failsafe, Single Servo steering conversion using the Proline Arm . Ditch the AM Radio and go FM 75MHz at least or Spektrum.

Myself and all my friends have Revos now, Number one... Aluminium shock caps, especially on rear. As the pipe heats up, the plastic ones ge tsoft & fail during heavy bashing! Plus it is a cheap upgrade!

Really everything else is a get it as it breaks imo.

I haven't had a problem with rear shock caps and I've been bashing pretty hard for over a year. I've broken 2 or 3 rear shock shafts, which I replaced with traxxas TiN shafts. They have held up well so far.

Get a spare skid plate set for the front/rear. The rear one wears out and the end brakes off. After buying 5 sets in a year, I just replaced with a trinity aluminum one.

If your getting the 2.5 revo, I'd suggest getting P2 rockers as the P1's are just way too soft for bashing.

For bashing I like cages.....RC solutions one is the cats ass......but the boys at roll cvage city build a ggod one too.....different style....but very functional and less $$$$$

I always heat shrink any exposed wires and fuel lines as well as they are submitted to extreme temps.

Oh yeaa and for bashing water proof all exposed servos and seal up the inside of the radio box with something impervious to moisture(That thin solid foam works good)

Bash Away!!!

For bashing I use the Center Diff/Rear Brake kits, Motor Saver Air filter and the Hardcore Racing titanium full-length skid plate.:breakdown

hey, just wondering if i should upgrade my shocks on the revo 3.3 . They seem preety soft to go jumping around without out bottoming out .

Upgrading the shocks won't do you much good. You would need to change springs/oil and possibly rockers to change the suspension pressure.

I just installed P3 rockers/rods, 55 weight oil, blue springs... Me thinks it's going to bounce a bit. I may have to change the springs to something a bit softer.

does any one know what is the first most likely part to break?

My first part was front axle carriers. I broke one the first time I drove it. I didn't even wreck. I was on pavement running along in second gear, I swerved a bit, then over countered which put it up on two wheels, then I countered again and it came down heavy on one of the front wheels and busted. It pulled one of the pillow balls right through the carrier.

Then I fixed that and broke the exhaust header. I went up a skatepark jump straight up about 5 feet off the ground, came straight down on all four wheels, snapped the header off. That was my second time out after fixing the carrier...

Needless to say, I was mildly disapointed in the revo's durability... all fixable with better items though. I replaced the axle carriers with RPM and after breaking 3 more headers (at $22 a piece), I bought a 18TM that had a nice milled/welded header. Never broke it again after that.

The first part I broke was the reverse gear. Replace it with an FOC or Center diff.

Back