revo tips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altezza01

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone, i just purchased my first revo 3.3. i've been reading on here and other sites about this amazing truck. i can't wait to test it out. do you guys have any tips or recommended parts? i also purchased the spektrum dx3s radio. i'll be on here quite a bit using the "search" button. thanks

Go over all those screws and make sure to lock tite the ones on the engine mount. Check the wheels too, mine were loose from the lhs. They offered to do all that for me but I was in to big a hurry. Other than those few little things it's pretty much ready to bash the heck out of as soon as break in is finished.

Go over all those screws and make sure to lock tite the ones on the engine mount. Check the wheels too, mine were loose from the lhs. They offered to do all that for me but I was in to big a hurry. Other than those few little things it's pretty much ready to bash the heck out of as soon as break in is finished.

what strength loctite do you recommend? and what about skid plates for the underbody? it looks pretty open. any recommended brands?

Loctite 242, it's the blue removable strength. The stock skids work fine, no sense in fixing something that isn't broken. I would definitely get an engine brace. The stock Traxxas one doesn't do much for protecting the engine bay from getting bent on a hard lid landing, then just rollovers will keep it bending. I recommend a M2CRacing brace, or the qoncepts brace. Both work well from what I have heard.

http://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=201

http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevo.htm

i have a revo 2.5R and i havent used it for a wile. i tryed and it is not going so well. i need a battery charger for the box i got for it, but at a nice price. (thats part of the reason it is not going so well)
i would like to buy some hop ups for it at a good price and would also like some advice on what kind of set up i should use. i have one in mind and would like to ask some questions about it.
thanks

Instead of Loctite Blue, you should use Loctite Green. It's got a slightly stronger bond than the blue or red version and is specifically made for high vibration components. Use it sparingly on motor mount bolts and/or anything else that sees high vibration metal to metal contact. Run the long travel springs instead of the stock springs and keep the P2 rockers. Re-glue the tires!

Instead of purchasing that skid maybe a wing. It will help protect the body and seems to help the chasis. Better than a wheelie bar in my opinion.

I used the green once to stop my u-joint caps from floating inside a worn out yoke, on my 1 ton pick-up....had to use a torch to get them out. Maybe it was a different green than what you have used.

i run the TRAXXAS steel cvds all around on my basher and when i get airborne the left front or the left rear pops out at the diff???? so naturally i thought i had too much travel and when the a arm is decompressed fully it pulls out the drive shaft. so i went ahead and changed to the p3 rockers and I'm still having this problem any suggestions?? I'm probably over looking something..

Instead of purchasing that skid maybe a wing. It will help protect the body and seems to help the chasis. Better than a wheelie bar in my opinion.

+1 on the wing!! Don't know that it does much aerodynamicly but it looks good, seems to make the back of the chassis a little stouter and serves as a bit of a roll bar. Did I mention it looks good?

i run the TRAXXAS steel cvds all around on my basher and when i get airborne the left front or the left rear pops out at the diff???? so naturally i thought i had too much travel and when the a arm is decompressed fully it pulls out the drive shaft. so i went ahead and changed to the p3 rockers and I'm still having this problem any suggestions?? I'm probably over looking something..

I've heard of people using small o'rings in the cups to keep them pushed up a little. That's a bit of a jerry rig fix and not necessarily identifying the problem. you can check your ball ends to see if they can be turned in a little further.

Last edited:
Back