Revo 3.3 conversion w Picco .26 red dot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earthshaker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all, just bought a new Revo 3.3 and disassembled it out of the box in preparation to install .26 max jl red dot with plans to keep the ez start.

I've been doing alot of reading and wanted to dial in some specifics as I need to place an order. Hopefully you can help with your expertise!

Engine mount:
I've read and agree the New Era mount is best, and I assume since the .26 red dot is a direct bolt in, then the stock mount will work, and the new era mount is an exact billet replacement for strength. I've also heard it might not be available anymore. Anyone have some insight or suggestions? I need the slot for different gear changes.

Clutch:
I have an interest in the Buku clutch over the M2C with composite pads for it's adjustability and theory.

Is the 1/10th version is sufficient with this car/engine?
Any add'l thoughts?

Exhaust:
First off, I'd like to avoid a side pipe as I want to keep the easy start and prefer it to be tucked into the rear of the truck, however, there is no sense in doing this engine mod for more power if I choke it with a pipe.

I've got a couple of ideas. First off, obtain the big block adapter ring to accomodate the big block pipe. Use the THS rear setup for big blocks https://www.sitegidget.com/itechapp/...-products.html
or just get the manifold only https://www.sitegidget.com/itechapp/...-products.html and attach a Buku big block pipe, or an extreme RC mods pipe. I don't know if either of these will be to long and get in the way of anything though...hoping for factory fit. Since the consensus seems to be the side pipes are best, I am looking at potentially the buku with it's adjustability might allow me to tune it in to be as good as an off the shelf side pipe.

Has anyone tried using the THS header with a different expansion chamber (pipe) and/or can comment with their thoughts?
Which model Extreme RC mod pipe have others used?
Additional thoughts and comments are appreciated!

You might try leaving personal message (PM) for Robin at ERCM. He's on here frequently and could give you the best answer about his ERCM pipes. As far as motor mounts go the New Era mount is the best on the market. If you can't find them, the OFNA mount will work, it just isn't as adjustable. For the clutch, I used a Werks Racing 4-shoe clutch with the Rulon shoes. Just enough grab without too much slip. You might also want to look into doing either the Forward Only Conversion (FOC) or the Center Diff Kit with the add-on brakes for better brake biasing.

Pullstart, m2c clutch, single servo, and foc.
Follow that with a good exhaust system and a wing....the wing provides crash protection for the exhaust and engine.

My friend just got the buku clutch and I have to say its a great system with the Allen key adjustability. If you do go with it make sure you read the directions for tuneing and break in and the performance of the clutch comes out great. Also I agree with hamz talk to robin from ercm I do believe he has a pipe that fits in the stock position.

I saw this mount on ebay and bought it. I figured it was the New Era Mount, but seller did not know. I bought it on a whim as someone mentioned good luck on finding one somewhere else and it freaked me out a little. The throttle lever looks a little different than others I've seen where there is a plate that mounts under the engine mount screws. Anyone have an idea on what I bought?:)

Attachments

• engine mount.jpg
    engine mount.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 172
You rolled the dice on that one. The ofna mount does work fine, but you're pretty much limited to a 17/36 gear ratio.

Exactly why I wanted a nicely slotted one. Know what it is?

You rolled the dice on that one. The ofna mount does work fine, but you're pretty much limited to a 17/36 gear ratio.

Never seen that one before, but now you have to hope that it positions the picco fore and aft properly.

:) It's the mysterious mount. Hoping for good luck. Engine on backorder plus waiting on a bunch of other stuff and am simply jonesing! Meanwhile a local silver spooner had advertised a brand spankin new Brushless EMAXX...I nabbed it for $550.

Back