Revo 3.3 Braking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjr_Carnage

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wondering what if any upgrades people have done to their Revo brake systems.

I was tooling around the back yard yesterday - testing out the new exhaust system - and noticed that now that the car seems to have a bit more get-up-and-go it doesn't seem to stop as quickly as it should..

So, looked around and saw some dual brake systems from Integy and some new brake pads, composite disk brakes, etc.... I also noticed the front/rear brake setup used in the tranny with the CD. Would this front/rear setup work if I don't have the CD?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

I don't believe the rear brake kit will work without the FOC/CD conversions. The rear drive-shaft needs a hole for a pin to go through that locks in the disc for the brakes. And it comes with the conversion kits. There is the adjustment on the standard brakes that will allow you more braking power, it's the gray knob with the spring attached, you can crank that down a little see if it helps. There are also upgrades to the stock disc brake that you can get, I haven't tried any of those yet.

i have the traxxas vented disk, its a thicker disk, alot like a real car brake disk, its working better than stock, i have a BB motor in it and it stops on a dime. like the guy above said, w/o the cd really the best thing you can do is raise the brake pressure.

Back