Remember Me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all, been a fair while since i was on here last but yeah I'm back now lol. Not the same troublemaking bastard as before haha. I have't touched my RC in about a year as I'm now into autocross racing but i saw it tonight and decided i'd tinker with it. If you dont remember its a GV Dominator 4wd buggy. I was wondering can i convert it to 2wd? Or will it, being an LSD, just revv out badly? And my pullstart is broken -.- I was going to buy a Force .28 and chuck it in and if i could make it 2wd well that'd be fairly fun :)

Cheers.

If it doesn't have a center diff, you can pop the front drive shafts out. All that would really accomplish is less traction and in-flight control. And it would add extra stress to the rear drive line parts. Most folks that convert their 4wd to 2wd realize quickly why they bought a 4wd in the first place. 4wd = twice the fun.:)

If it doesn't have a center diff, you can pop the front drive shafts out. All that would really accomplish is less traction and in-flight control. And it would add extra stress to the rear drive line parts. Most folks that convert their 4wd to 2wd realize quickly why they bought a 4wd in the first place. 4wd = twice the fun.:)

This man speaks the truth

Bumstick:
Radar111.jpg

Ah it's nice to see you fellas haven't forgotten me!
@HPI- Of course i'm alive, it take more than that to get rid of ol' Bumstick

About the buggy situation. If i take the front driveshaft out will it revv out trying to send it power or? And just to clarify, a force .28 should go right in yeah?

Cheers

Most buggies run a center differential. So it would try and send most of the power to the front. Most buggies use big blocks, so it should bolt right up.

Yeah RC it's good to see you too haha. After i get my rally car painted i'll be buying a new motor for my buggy and am hoping to get back into some rc-ing.