REBUILT 3.3 Tmaxx HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidpain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok heres the deal I burnt the 3.3 a while back the connecting rod snapped and the piston fell apart. So i ordered all the parts and replaced everything I toke it out and broke in the motor and after the break in a day or two later i thought id bring it out and do some fine tuning got her outside and started perfect 2nd pull and started with no problem but ran slugish no pep and would not shift to 2nd so i start to lean out the fuel and the performance got better so i did a couple high speed runs i checked the temp it never passed 219 and all out of no where it stoped so i go over to start the truck up and now when i pull the pull start the cord will no go back in to i thought i change the one way to be sure did that and still the cord will not go in. Any ideas Thx Jon:whhooo:

I dont know but is there a recoil spring for the pull starter in the casing where the cord is?

It sounds like a one way bearing issue to me. You might try to take out the one way bearing and soak it in denatured alcohol, and that should clean it pretty good. I had a lot of frustration with my Savage pull start, and it turned out to be that because of the very rich factory settings for break in, the one way bearing got a bunch of oil and fuel and stuff in it that caused problems. Most of the problems that I see with OWB's seem to arise after running the engine on a really rich setting.

It sounds like a one way bearing issue to me. You might try to take out the one way bearing and soak it in denatured alcohol, and that should clean it pretty good. I had a lot of frustration with my Savage pull start, and it turned out to be that because of the very rich factory settings for break in, the one way bearing got a bunch of oil and fuel and stuff in it that caused problems. Most of the problems that I see with OWB's seem to arise after running the engine on a really rich setting.
thx did the trick

Glad I could help out. Knowledge like that comes from lots of ordering parts that you don't really need, days broke down, and cussing the truck with all your heart lol